problems with factory presets

Jaekae

I guess the axe2 factory presets are supposed to sound good, but none of mine is even a little bit "good" sounding, would be embarrased to let friends test the axe using the factory presets,

for example is this how the #68 preset suhr badger 18 is supposed to sound like? fw10 with the fw10 factory set loaded
havent found any factory one that was good sounding

i got a real suhr badger 18 here and it does not sound anything like this

Check your settings for power amp and cab simulation. After updating to v10 my Axe FX sounded very weird, so I checked those settings. The Axe FX "told" me that both would be activated, but only after deactivating both and then activating them again I had the Axe FX working (and sounding) normal again. No idea if this is a known bug or if it has been o ly my unit, but give it a try.

Check your settings for power amp and cab simulation. After updating to v10 my Axe FX sounded very weird, so I checked those settings. The Axe FX "told" me that both would be activated, but only after deactivating both and then activating them again I had the Axe FX working (and sounding) normal again. No idea if this is a known bug or if it has been o ly my unit, but give it a try.

didnt work, never tried any factory presets since fw7 until today, had same problems back then with 7, thats why i stopped using factory ones, read a review of fw10 that someone got stuck on a preset for hours because it was so good and when i tried it, it sounded awful, so I'm now trying to figure out what problem i have. Feels like there something weird in the bass frequencies on all the presets

Check your settings for power amp and cab simulation.

+1

Sounds like Power Amp Simulation in the Global menu is set to OFF instead of ON.
Turn this on.

Or perform a Reset (Utilities menu) to set all system params to their default setting, incuding the above.

+1

Sounds like Power Amp Simulation in the Global menu is set to OFF instead of ON.
Turn this on.

Or perform a Reset (Utilities menu) to set all system params to their default setting, incuding the above.

nope its not any of the normal user error problems, a question, when i tried to put poweramp on off both output lights became red and it was clipping all over the place, is that normal behaviour?

Disabling the power amp sim (turning Sag to zero) made the Axe clip? Nom that's not normal.

There's defintiely a lot of bass in the clip you posted. Is your global EQ flat? It also sounded a bit like a cab sim feeding into another cab.

Maybe your guitar has too much/ not enough volume? Play with the global amp trim to fix that.
All I can say is that the factory presets are great here, there's some awesome stuff among...and yes some never fit my guitar, my playing, my sound in my head, but that's just a few, the majority is good.

Disabling the power amp sim (turning Sag to zero) made the Axe clip? Nom that's not normal.

There's defintiely a lot of bass in the clip you posted. Is your global EQ flat? It also sounded a bit like a cab sim feeding into another cab.

yes, disable poweramp simulation make it clip ALOT, so maby that is a part of the problem, all settings is set to the same as when you make a setting reset in utilities.

and there not any problem with my two guitars, both tickles red at around 70-80% on the ad converter level, and both guitars sound great through real amps.

What's with the I/O settings? Right input choosed, global eqs flattened, stereo or copy L/R, output cables sitting well (putting a cable halfway into left out causes weird behavior), no unwanted CCs sent?

nope its not any of the normal user error problems, a question, when i tried to put poweramp on off both output lights became red and it was clipping all over the place, is that normal behaviour?

In other words, you do have poweramp simulation swiched off ....

Check if Amp Gain in the Global menu is at 0dB.

Or just press Reset.

In other words, you do have poweramp simulation swiched off ....

Check if Amp Gain in the Global menu is at 0dB.

Or just press Reset.

no i tried to put it off to see how it sounded with it off, thats when i saw its clipping a lot, kinda like the poweramp simulation part get a signal that is way to hot, so when its on like i allways have it sound bad,

all settings is at the factory reset in utilities, because ive pressed reset there like 10 times now..

now i did another full factory reset of the axe, re installed fw10, loaded the clean install backup from fractal and loaded the v10 banks again, and still sound crappy...................

The interesting thing that I didn't understand but it makes sense now, this is the same I was experiencing. All the V10 factory presets sound sh*t, I can tweak something amazing myself but the factory patches are just horrible.
Now I'm really curious what is going on.

I'm curious too, from a different perspective. I just pulled up preset 68 to try it out. Hamer Sunburst, bridge pickup, tone and volume full up. I got caught up in playing riffs for about ten minutes because it sounded so good.

Back
Top Bottom