Problems with Axe-Fx III as USB soundcard

Well, I just got my 3 and it hooked up to Logic perfectly fine at first. Randomly the usb output disappeared. Ive re booted everything and exhausted everything I could think of to get it working again. Before considering this a "Bug"...am i missing any steps?. Has anyone encountered this situation before?. I got no issues going into power amp and Axe edit works fine. Just no sound from the usb outputs. I armed 5-6 for D/I and 1 for the wet and no sound thus far. I was also using my Studiolive series iii 24 as my output and axe fx 3 as my in. like I said, it was working so im perplexed. I don't want to call this a bug cause im still learning the unit.

Well, I just got my 3 and it hooked up to Logic perfectly fine at first. Randomly the usb output disappeared. Ive re booted everything and exhausted everything I could think of to get it working again. Before considering this a "Bug"...am i missing any steps?. Has anyone encountered this situation before?. I got no issues going into power amp and Axe edit works fine. Just no sound from the usb outputs. I armed 5-6 for D/I and 1 for the wet and no sound thus far. I was also using my Studiolive series iii 24 as my output and axe fx 3 as my in. like I said, it was working so im perplexed. I don't want to call this a bug cause im still learning the unit.
Did you open Axe Edit while Logic was opened and connected to the Axe Fx? You cant have both running at the same time. Close out both programs and cycle power on the Axe Fx and reconnect and it should work

So did anyone find a solution to the loss of sound suddenly from using axe fx as a usb interface?
Like sometimes there is no sound from the computer despite the usb values being at -6 to 0 and like when the output knob on the axe is turned up also but surprisingly enough the axe fx is still able to out put the proccessed guitar sound and my daws are able to read the incoming usb output but albeit there is no sound

In a similar situation as the OP basically and any help would be much appreciated as I have tried reinstalling usb drivers, different computers and restarting the computer axe and usb a few times too

Side note: Axe edit sometimes closes by itself when not in use for a few minutes ( i.e when it is minimised )

Issue is I can't seem to reamp unless axe is the main asio as using it as an Aggregate wouldn't allow me to reamp via asio4all also (if anyone knows how it would be of great help too)

Any help would be much appreciated !
Thank you!!

I can't play usb audio back either on my windows 7 PC with Axe III as main sound device. It works fine when I set my Avid Mbox as default sound device instead. I'd rather use the Axe, but this is weird.

I've also encounted the sound drop issue. In Win10 itself when playing back an audio file and in Ableton when working on songs.

My problem like this was probably fixed in some previous release as I haven't noticed it for awhile now but it popped back up again this weekend too. I had Reaper open along with Axe Edit and had recorded a couple of tracks. I had to go do something for 15-20 minutes or so but left everything open and when I came back, I could still hear the Axe through my headphones but couldn't get any audio from Reaper at all. I changed the audio devices and everything in Reaper to no avail and had restarted Axe Edit too so I rebooted my computer and it still didn't work. Finally I rebooted my Axe 3 and everything came back up like it should. Weird. It doesn't happen in a shorter time but has happened in this situation before.

Having problems with my AxeFX III using directly as a Soundcard e.g. in Cubase (...but also in general). It very often stops to play audio from my Windows PC. Wanted to record something yesterday and after trying 100 times booting Windows, disconnecting USB connection, etc. I gave up. Interesting wise you can still record, so the only thing which is not working are the USB outputs. Any known solutions for this problem?
I have had the same issue with a MAC, I restarted my computer an this fixed it for now.

I had this issue on my Windows 7 x64 laptop. Tried every suggested software remedy I could find on the forum to no avail. I finally had to switch to a different physical USB port on the laptop and that seems to have solved it. I only use that laptop for travel anymore because I upgraded to a Windows 10 desktop for home use. No issues with that one yet.

I have this problem pretty often. I have to uninstall and reinstall the USB driver to get it to start working again.

Very often it works again after I reboot the PC but only for a couple of minutes than the sound disappears again. Very rarely it works straight away and I can record without any problem. Very strange. Also a Axe II I had a couple of weeks had problems with the USB connection. Never had any problem with any other device (e.g. my Helix runs without any problem).

I really like the Axe, especially soundwise it is phenomenal but this is really annoying

I'm having this same issue as well. It just started a couple of weeks ago and I still can't figure out what the problem is. I can see the level meter moving on the computer but I'm not hearing the sound. It works for about 5 minutes and then just stops.

Just unhooked my Scarlett i/o box and set up with the AxeFX III as the i/o device, and found everyhing works quite well, except for Youtube videos are REALLY LOUD as they default to 100% volume, and I always forget to turn output 1 back down after playing....

Having problems with my AxeFX III using directly as a Soundcard e.g. in Cubase (...but also in general). It very often stops to play audio from my Windows PC. Wanted to record something yesterday and after trying 100 times booting Windows, disconnecting USB connection, etc. I gave up. Interesting wise you can still record, so the only thing which is not working are the USB outputs. Any known solutions for this problem?
I have the same issue here, 2019. Dec. 16th....

I experienced the same problem with loss of sound playback from laptop with Axe III as audio interface from time to time for no reason. Sometimes I have to unplug the usb and replug it or restart the laptop to get it to work again.
I just noticed another issue last night. After recording a track over Reaper using Axe III as audio interface, I realised I couldn't really pan the track left or right. It seems like when I pan it to hard Right, there is no sound while there is sound on hard Left although there is no variation in audio from O% to 100% left. Anyone knows what's wrong? Below are screenshots on my setting. Be grateful if anyone could kindly point me to the right direction. Thanks!
reaper1.jpgreaper2.jpg

Hi guys, I ran across this thread doing some research. I just wanted to tell you how I solved this problem.

Installing all my motherboard's newest chipset drivers.

After doing all the standard Windows audio optimizations:

Power Options>High Performance

Power Options>Disable USB Selective Suspend

Device Manager>Universal Serial Bus Controllers>Disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on all USB Hubs

Device Manager>Human Interface Devices>USB Input Device> Disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on all USB Input Devices

Go into your BIOS & disable "Fast Boot" & then go into Windows Power Options & on the left side of the page (Windows 10) click "Choose what the power buttons do", click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable" & disable "Turn On Fast Startup".

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

That fixed it for me. Let me know if it works for you.

Hi guys, I ran across this thread doing some research. I just wanted to tell you how I solved this problem.

Installing all my motherboard's newest chipset drivers.

After doing all the standard Windows audio optimizations:

Power Options>High Performance

Power Options>Disable USB Selective Suspend

Device Manager>Universal Serial Bus Controllers>Disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on all USB Hubs

Device Manager>Human Interface Devices>USB Input Device> Disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on all USB Input Devices

Go into your BIOS & disable "Fast Boot" & then go into Windows Power Options & on the left side of the page (Windows 10) click "Choose what the power buttons do", click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable" & disable "Turn On Fast Startup".

View attachment 62407

View attachment 62408

That fixed it for me. Let me know if it works for you.
Just did what you taught me here, I will repost after 1 week, if it works, you're a genius.

Back
Top Bottom