Problems w/ v10

scorch

Experienced
Downloaded v10, downloaded FractalBot, Downloaded AxeEdit v1.9.

Everything worked fine. V10 is loaded. The problem...no sound. No output at all.

Went through usual trouble-shooting steps ...no good.

Finally found the USE MIMIC under the ADVANCED tab and turned it off. SOUND!

Any body got an idea why I have to turn off MIMIC to get any sound out of the Axe II?

I'm up to ten power cycles, two re-flash of firmware. Nothing helps.

I get sound if I turn off MIMIC in the amp block, turning it on kills sound.

maybe try clearing out a preset, absolutely empty layout.

store that preset.

add shunts all the way across. do you get sound?

add an amp block only (nothing else except shunts). do you get sound? mimic on? off?

maybe try clearing out a preset, absolutely empty layout.

store that preset.

add shunts all the way across. do you get sound?

add an amp block only (nothing else except shunts). do you get sound? mimic on? off?

Yes, first thing I did to isolate problem. It brought me to the amp block and testing various things I came upon the MIMIC option. Turned it off, I got sound, turn it on sound stops.

Try this:
1. Turn power off.
2. Hold down Recall while powering on. Continue to hold until boot sequence completes.
3. This will load a blank preset. Do NOT switch presets.
4. Create a basic preset and save to the current location.

See if you have sound. If you do then you have a corrupt preset(s). If not then I'm stumped and you will need to contact support.

No. With shunts only there IS sound. With any block OTHER than amp I get sound.

UPDATE. I created a new patch from scratch with a NEW amp model. It works with MIMIC. I get sound

But, if I go to one of my old presets....change amps..save..change back to original amp..save...no sound unless I turn off MIMIC.

No. With shunts only there IS sound. With any block OTHER than amp I get sound.

UPDATE. I created a new patch from scratch with a NEW amp model. It works with MIMIC. I get sound

But, if I go to one of my old presets....change amps..save..change back to original amp..save...no sound unless I turn off MIMIC.

Corrupted preset(s).

Corrupted preset(s).

I don't think so. When I start with a blank patch, add an amp block and only an amp block it makes no sound except for the USA PRE GREEN and USA PRE YELLOW.
They make sound with MIMIC on. ALL other amps...no sound unless MIMIC is OFF.

Did you update from an old version or something? I mean like pre v6 or older? There may have been too many changes to take.

If not then do you have any weird controller settings or something that could be muting something in the amp block globally?

I updated from v 9.01. Everythings works fine. My controller works just as before. The scenes work just as before. The upgrade went perfect....four times now.

There's just no sound coming out of the amp block except for those two amp models. Nothing on the other new amp models, either, unless I turn off MIMIC.

Update: I found that on both the USA Pre GREEN and YELLOW, when I turn the sag up to turn on the power amp modeling the sound quits. Whatever is causing this is in the power amp section. If I turn MIMIC off, everything works.

If I go to any other amp model and turn sag to zero (P.A. off) I get sound with MIMIC on.

wow that's really crazy! keep finding specifics, i'm sure it will help solve the problem. sorry you're having trouble, no problems here!

Sounds like your MIMIC data is not getting loaded properly (it's blank). Unfortunately I believe this is a hardware fault and you'll need to contact support.

Back
Top Bottom