problems using Axe-Fx 3 as audio interface with Reaper / Kontakt

6stringtheory

Im trying to setup reaper using the AxeFX 3 as an audio interface, and having some issues.

When I open Reaper and it asks me to configure my audio hardware, I select ASIO and the axe fx, I select the inputs and set the sample rate to 48k, then click ok.

It brings up a message saying "error initializing ASIO buffer"

If I click on the ASIO properties or whatever in reaper, it brings up the FAUSBaudio Control Panel, and if I navigate to the "buffer settings" tab, and look at the "ASIO Status", it says "ASIO not active"

Similarly when I try to setup Kontakt using the Axe FX 3 as an interface basically the same thing happens, where it wont let me start Kontakt because it says I do not have a valid interface.

I'm using Windows 10, and my Axe FX 3 is visible and set as my default device for playback and recording in the sound settings.

I'm able to hear computer audio through the Axe FX, as well as use Axe Edit, and update firmware etc.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or not doing?

this is really weird but i was going to reboot and i closed my google chrome tabs that i had open before i turned on the axe fx and that seemed to fix the problem lol

I have all kinds of problems with my audio interfaces with the latest Chrome build.

I have the same set up running. I get a weird sounding almost like a am radio after I play awhile with superior drummer in reaper. I close everthing and re open it all and its gone. But it happens every time. I use Reaper, AX FX III, superior drummer and a Nektar Panorama T^. Its driving me crazy!

I'm having the same problem as op with my Axe 3 and Reaper.
To get it to work, I have to unhook my other interface (UMC404HD) and reboot my PC. But if I close and reopen Reaper, I have to reboot again.
Any news on this?

FWIW, I'm able to fix the problem pretty consistently by switching back and forth between audio interfaces in the windows tray.

Back
Top Bottom