Problems Tuning An Acoustic?

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
Any one have any issues tuning an acoustic? I just got a Tom Anderson Crowdster and the tuner will not work with it. 2 or 3 of the strings goes nuts and I can't tune it. The tuner does not even register the right note ie I hit the high E and tuner shows C. I assume it is because I am using a piezo pickup and not a traditional guitar pickup

I regularly gig with my Crowdster and AX8; never had an issue with the AX8's tuner. Check your input level, instrument cable, Crowdster output jack / battery, etc.

I've got several electric guitars with piezo pickups and a Fishman RE pickup for my acoustics. The tuner works just like it would with a standard pickup. Are you sure that the AX8 is getting a good signal from the piezo? Could it be a battery or cable issue?

I regularly gig with my Crowdster and AX8; never had an issue with the AX8's tuner. Check your input level, instrument cable, Crowdster output jack / battery, etc.
You using a Crowdster or + or ++? I was def getting signal because I set my VU levels

Crowdster Plus. I can toggle to either the acoustic or mag pickup and both are fine with the AX8 tuner. I can also blend either one, or both, and same good results with the tune.

Crowdster Plus. I can toggle to either the acoustic or mag pickup and both are fine with the AX8 tuner. I can also blend either one, or both, and same good results with the tune.
Hmmm I had really hoped to hear you say come to think of it I never tuned with the piezo :-(

Any one have any issues tuning an acoustic? I just got a Tom Anderson Crowdster and the tuner will not work with it. 2 or 3 of the strings goes nuts and I can't tune it. The tuner does not even register the right note ie I hit the high E and tuner shows C. I assume it is because I am using a piezo pickup and not a traditional guitar pickup
do you have the acoustic sound plugged into Input 2?

BTW, I've never tried my Crowdster using dual outputs, so mentioning just in case….If yours is a + or ++, make sure to try with the pickup button pushed in; this is the way I use it, so that the guitar's output jack is always summed mono. I also never use the mini-toggle switch, as I always use the blend knob. Can't think of anything else that would interfere with tuning ability.

Have you tried to tune a different guitar? A bad cable or connection could make the tuner erratic too, though you'd probably notice some problems when you played as well.

Have you tried to tune a different guitar? A bad cable or connection could make the tuner erratic too, though you'd probably notice some problems when you played as well.
Yea switched to my electrics and they were fine. I noticed something a few hours ago when I sat back down with it. The guitar was picking up a lot of ground. I wonder if that was messing with the tuner

Yea switched to my electrics and they were fine. I noticed something a few hours ago when I sat back down with it. The guitar was picking up a lot of ground. I wonder if that was messing with the tuner
If the tuner works with your electrics and you used the same guitar cable, then it must the piezo pickup, output jack, or the wiring in between. If you haven't done so already, try taking the AX8 and your guitar somewhere else to see if there's any difference. Computers, monitors, dimmer switches, and old electrical wiring are all potential sources of interference.

Back
Top Bottom