PROBLEMS SWITCHING PRESETS IN V12.02

brucema12

Happy holidays folks. I have an issue that I have not seen on the forum yet, but here is what is happening:

First, I am running an AXE FX II MK 2 with MFC 101. The Latest firmware and software on both, specifically: V12.02 on the AXE, and V 2.18 firmware on the MFC. Now, the problem...

When switching between presets, I am experiencing a "lag" (or drop-out of the audio) when switching. BTW: It seems that this is happening both when switching on the MFC AND in Axe Edit. (3.03)

During all of my upgrades, this has NEVER happened. My unit has been flawless. Period. Just the most amazing experience I have ever had with a piece of guitar gear.

NOTE: One thing I should mention: When I upgraded to V12.01 from V11x, the process was corrupted and did not finish through Fractal Bot. I read about this anomaly on the forum and then V12.02 came out and the install went smoothly. However, it was just after that upgrade that I noticed the drop outs.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Peace and happy thanksgiving!

OH, THANK YOU FAS for making the most incredible life changing piece of guitar gear I have ever owned. And in my opinion, this is the company to which ALL companies should be judged when it comes to customer service! The absolute best!

I believe that the lag is normal when using Axe Edit or switching presets with a controller while Axe Edit is connected and running. There should not be a lag with Axe Edit disconnected (not running).

I have similar situation in this FW: when you constantly turn main wheel on recall screen while searching preset unit can hang up and stop to respond any actions, buttons except turning power off. I had it few time since upgrade. It could be epic fail on live.

I have similar situation in this FW: when you constantly turn main wheel on recall screen while searching preset unit can hang up and stop to respond any actions, buttons except turning power off. I had it few time since upgrade. It could be epic fail on live.

is axe edit connected, or is Total Sync with an MFC on?

I've also had this hang up after 12.02 FW install, and have power cycle the unit to get back to normal. This is without AXE Edit.
nickxmix

Delete the problem patches and reload them to check if that fix the problem.

With AE connected:

Use AE to switch patches.
If you use front panel or MFC, it would cause a lag.

i have the same thing to !! my axe 2 Mark 2 freaz when i changing the preset using the arrow keys after i update to 12.0.2 FW never this happened before using FW 11.xx

I have to say thank you for the replies. I too did NOT have this problem with 11x. I think it is worth a look FAS. You guysa re da bomb...I know that it will be addressed. But, like one of my friends said above...this would be a killer live.

Back
Top Bottom