Problems med with tone matching and using the Axe as an audio interface

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
Hi guys!

I've spent the last hours trying out the new tone matching feature. I'm quite underwhelmed by the results. Every time I try and match a tone, it ends up WAY darker than the clip I matched it from. Anybody got any ideas?

Also, I've long noticed that using the Axe-FX II as an audio interface is quite problematic. It's very unstable, and will crash software like DAW and media players, and sometimes the whole computer. The most annoying thing is that you can't switch between USB and regular mode while using the Axe-FX II as an interface in a DAW, like Cubase. The computer will loose contact with the Axe, and you have to reboot the DAW. Quite annoying, since you have do this switch ALOT when you try and match tones. Every time you want to capture the reference audio, you have to do this. You can also not select another audio interface in Cubase when you already have selected the Axe, Cubase will hang. I'm pretty sure it's not a Cubase issue, since it's exclusive to the Axe.

Again, anybody with any thoughts or tips?

Also, I've long noticed that using the Axe-FX II as an audio interface is quite problematic. It's very unstable, and will crash software like DAW and media players, and sometimes the whole computer. The most annoying thing is that you can't switch between USB and regular mode while using the Axe-FX II as an interface in a DAW, like Cubase. The computer will loose contact with the Axe, and you have to reboot the DAW. Quite annoying, since you have do this switch ALOT when you try and match tones. Every time you want to capture the reference audio, you have to do this. You can also not select another audio interface in Cubase when you already have selected the Axe, Cubase will hang. I'm pretty sure it's not a Cubase issue, since it's exclusive to the Axe.

Again, anybody with any thoughts or tips?
Niklas - it's due to the ASIO drivers. This - at least on windoze - is NOT a problem that is unique to the Axe. Yes, it happens with the Axe, but i can duplicate similar behavior with other ASIO interfaces. Windoze - other than using ASIO4ALL, which is prone to latency challenges - does NOT share ASIO drivers. You cannot have audio in from one ASIO source and out routed to a second target from within a DAW. NOT supported. I can crash REAPER swapping ASIO devices internal to the PC, so the Axe is not alone in this regard. If it's anything like Apples ("it's coming soon") USB fixes, MS fixes are not a priority. Too small a population.
To be sure it's a PITA, i agree. Not sure it's a FAS issue tho'...

I'm talking about just switching audio devices, not using 2 or more at once. I can switch between all my audio interface without problem, except for the Axe.

Back
Top Bottom