Problems downloading BETA 3.0.. file is PDF..??

Georgy

Inspired
Hey guys,

Not sure what I've done.. but somehow public Beta 3.0 keeps being downloaded as a PDF file.. not the usual SYS.EX file.. or whatever it is..

Anyone else have this problem? How does one fix this?!

Thanks advance!

No problems here.
Try right clicking on it after downloading and selecting axe edit to open it, tick box for axe edit to be default program, or go to your file view option from explorer menu and uncheck hide extension names and change the extension to .syx

No problems here.
Try right clicking on it after downloading and selecting axe edit to open it, tick box for axe edit to be default program, or go to your file view option from explorer menu and uncheck hide extension names and change the extension to .syx

Thanks for your help man.. didn't work unfortunately.. It doesn't even let me right-click..

I assume you are on PC?
I am on mac and sometimes when I try to download it actually opens the file instead and It is just gibberish, So what I do then is right click on the link and do a download as, or save to desktop.
Not sure if that will work on PC, but worth a try.

U could just change the extension to .sys
But if it's messed up, u may cause other issues.
It sounds like u may have done a save as pdf and now and it's the default.
Or open as...

Thanks fellas.. I think you're both right.. Don't know how the f_ck I managed to save as PDF as the default.. f_ck knows how..

Yep, on a Laptop running Windows 8 or whatever it is.. It doesn't give me many options to right click at all.. Need to look into that a bit further. No matter where I save it, or even if I do it from another PC, it still ends up being (or defaulting to) a PDF file.

I'll persevere guys.. Thank you all

Thanks fellas.. I think you're both right.. Don't know how the f_ck I managed to save as PDF as the default.. f_ck knows how..

Yep, on a Laptop running Windows 8 or whatever it is.. It doesn't give me many options to right click at all.. Need to look into that a bit further. No matter where I save it, or even if I do it from another PC, it still ends up being (or defaulting to) a PDF file.

I'll persevere guys.. Thank you all

Try renaming the file extension to .syx? Save As doesn't convert the data, it just labels the file on disk. It probably downloaded okay but was misnamed.

Back
Top Bottom