Problems connecting after updating to Win10 22H2?

Miscreant

Inspired
Hi everyone,

I just updated (again) my Win10 to version 22H2. Unfortunately, I am finding that Axe-Edit is not connecting after I update. When I rollback to the previous version I have no problems.

More generally, it appears that after updating to 22H2 I also lose general midi connectivity to the Axe. I need to do more testing, but right now some scripts I'm running in Reaper that send program change/control change messages to my Axe aren't working. I've confirmed in Reaper that the Axe is active as a midi device...

Anyone else having problems after updating to 22H2?

Fixed

I went in and reset all my devices from the Device Manager, and then went into Axe-Edit and re-established the midi connections. It seems to work for now. Generally, it's like after updating to 22H2 I needed to a full refresh of my auxiliary devices to re-register them.

And I was too quick:

I can now connect Axe-Edit. But in Reaper the Axe is not appearing as a valid midi output device. (It's registered as an input device.) This means that I cannot send pc/cc messages to it via Reaper.

This is all after the update. If I rollback (as I did a few weeks ago), all these problems go away. Anyone have any insight here?

Back
Top Bottom