Problem with Modifiers - Anyone have this?

Loopback777

Inspired
I have a modifier set on a Vol block set to Start at 65% and End at 100% (the mid draws a straight line). Everything else is connected and working correctly. The expression pedal turns the Vol off at the heel position, not at 65% level. I've programmed this from the Axe, so it's not another Edit issue.

I've only been seriously editing presets today. I've come across about 6 bugs so far - most of them minor to do with Axe Edit. This is the first which I can't find a workaround. I'd love it if this were my problem (something I am doing wrong), but I don't think it is.

Any experts have any opinions on this? I can't believe how good this thing sounds, but right now, I miss my Ultra.

I don't understand. The heel is 65%.

Please post any bugs you find in the Bugs sub-forum. I can't fix them if you don't tell me about them.

Shouldn't the volume diminish to 65% of the maximum level? That's how I programmed it on the Ultra when I needed to lower volume in a preset and bring it up gradually back to 100%. The way it is now, the volume drops to 0.

Also, I'm trying to save a Filter block on a preset in the bypassed state (for a boost). It's just the way I want and I save the preset. I make sure it's loaded to the Axe, change presets and come back to it and the Filter is on. Every other block starts in every other preset (so far) in the position that it was saved initially.

It is working fine here. I set the start to 65 mid to 80 some, and end to 100%. It goes through those ranges fine.

I can't reproduce this. I'm guessing you have a controller attached to something else or one of the global volumes.

Can't reproduce the filter problem either. Sounds like you have autoengage turned on in that block.

The other issue with the filter is an editor issue. I will be sure to get it logged into the bug database. Cab link does the same thing.

Also, I'm trying to save a Filter block on a preset in the bypassed state (for a boost). It's just the way I want and I save the preset. I make sure it's loaded to the Axe, change presets and come back to it and the Filter is on. Every other block starts in every other preset (so far) in the position that it was saved initially.

Just got the Filter block to save in the bypassed state. Didn't do anything differently. This is all very strange. I'm worried because I sold my Ultra and used the 2's box to ship it in and gigs the next 3 weekends. I'm kind of freaking out.

I can't reproduce this. I'm guessing you have a controller attached to something else or one of the global volumes.

I know it's Saturday night and it's really amazing that you even responded to this, but I'll ask a bit more based on the above quote. There are no other modifiers set on this preset. Could you give me a point in the direction of diagnosing this. I've always been kind of bread-and-butter with the last Axe I owned. I set stuff up over months and forgot what I did.

I switched the Vol Out 1 to CC17 and it's set up on EP1 on the MFC. Is this my problem? I didn't want the expression pedal on to always control the volume in a preset, only when I put a Vol block in and attached a controller.

It saved the state fine when I did it from the panel. It did what you described when I did it from the editor

I have the Vol Out 1 set to CC17 and the External controller 2 set to the same. I didn't want the expression pedal to always control the volume (only when I put a Vol block in and attached a controller). Does this have something to do with it? Otherwise, I've never messed with anything Global (I'm kind of bread and butter, if you know what I mean), so I'm not sure where to go with that.

I know it's Saturday night and it's really amazing that you even responded to this, but I'll ask a bit more based on the above quote. There are no other modifiers set on this preset. Could you give me a point in the direction of diagnosing this. I've always been kind of bread-and-butter with the last Axe I owned. I set stuff up over months and forgot what I did.

I switched the Vol Out 1 to CC17 and it's set up on EP1 on the MFC. Is this my problem? I didn't want the expression pedal on to always control the volume in a preset, only when I put a Vol block in and attached a controller.

Yes, that is your problem. Set the Ouput 1 Volume to NONE.

I know it's Saturday night and it's really amazing that you even responded to this, but I'll ask a bit more based on the above quote. There are no other modifiers set on this preset. Could you give me a point in the direction of diagnosing this. I've always been kind of bread-and-butter with the last Axe I owned. I set stuff up over months and forgot what I did. I switched the Vol Out 1 to CC17 and it's set up on EP1 on the MFC. Is this my problem? I didn't want the expression pedal on to always control the volume in a preset, only when I put a Vol block in and attached a controller.
Yes that is your problem. You don't want to set vol out 1 but one of the external controllers to you pedal cc. You then attach that controller to the vol pan volume parameter. Pm me and ill call you and walk you thru it

Thank you! I'm sorry I'm not so bright about this. Did I mention it sounds incredible? The Ultra was great, this is better. I was sitting here frustrated by the Volume thing and I picked up the guitar to check a tweak that I made and found myself playing for 10 minutes. I snapped out of it when I realized how much work I have to do (100's of presets to remake). But the Axe FX 2 is like that, very easy to get lost in it.

Thank you! I'm sorry I'm not so bright about this. Did I mention it sounds incredible? The Ultra was great, this is better. I was sitting here frustrated by the Volume thing and I picked up the guitar to check a tweak that I made and found myself playing for 10 minutes. I snapped out of it when I realized how much work I have to do (100's of presets to remake). But the Axe FX 2 is like that, very easy to get lost in it.

You also do not want to set both your min/max and start/end in this case. Use one or the other. Set your start to 65 end to 100 or min to 6.5 and max to 10. Do either but dont do both.

Back
Top Bottom