Problem with logic's pan and axe fx II

wtfz

Hi guys!

Sorry if this issue have been discussed before, couldn't find anything in search. Anyways. I have a weird problem when I connect axe fx to logic. The pan on any of the selected tracks starts to gradually move to the right, and as soon as it reaches far end it moves to the far end of the left channel and goes round again. Automation is off. I'm confused. Did anyone have a similar problem? How to solve it?/
I really appreciate any help, as I run out of ideas how to deal with it..

I connected it via USB.
I'm a new user of axe fx, so in terms of troubleshooting I tried to look mostly into different logic's settings. Nothing helped at all.
I don't know, maybe there is something I need to change in Axe's settings to solve it?

Turned software monitoring off - didn't help :(

Panning occur all the time non-stop while axe fx is on. It doesn't depend on the place of the locator, or the track I'm choosing, or whether it is recording. It keeps going round and round. It just lives it's own life so to say..
Very weird :/
Everything becomes normal as soon as I switch axe fx off. Even when I change input audio device in settings to something else rather then axe, it still keeps going round.

Try disabling any incoming MIDI in Logic. Also watch what MIDI messages are coming in (look on the 'clicks and ports' layer of the environment, I think there is an object there to monitor all incoming MIDI by default).

It could be that the Axe is sending out something weird, I noticed it sending some kind of MIDI message regularly the other day and had no idea what it was (presumed it was some kind of clock/timing thing). Meant to ask about this in another thread!

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Solved this! Apparently it turned out that the problem was in "controller assignments" setup. I don't know how this got turned on (never used it, and never knew about its existence), but after switching it off things came back to normal. Once again thanks a lot for your replies! Learned a lot new about logic :)

Back
Top Bottom