Problem with getting midi over USB into Mainstage 3 to work

North

Inspired
I´m trying to use the MFC and Axe-Fx II to change presets, start/stop looping etc. in Mainstage over USB.

OSX sees the Axe-Fx and I have no problems with audio, but not seeing any midi activity in Mainstage whatsoever. I have tried USB adapter mode on/off, send realtime sysex on/off etc.

When using a midi cable from the Axe-Fx into the Mac things work perfectly.

Anyone have any clues? Thanks in advance.

Late reply but was googling for anyone using axe fx and mainstage. I noticed this problem a long time ago. It has been said in threads that its actually an issue with the OS not the axe fx. My midi would sometimes come through but as completely different messages/numbers than it was sent. Basically you need a midi interface. The Axe works well as the audio interface but for some reason axe usb/midi doesn't work well with macs.

I´m trying to use the MFC and Axe-Fx II to change presets, start/stop looping etc. in Mainstage over USB.

OSX sees the Axe-Fx and I have no problems with audio, but not seeing any midi activity in Mainstage whatsoever. I have tried USB adapter mode on/off, send realtime sysex on/off etc.

When using a midi cable from the Axe-Fx into the Mac things work perfectly.

Anyone have any clues? Thanks in advance.

Did you ever solve this issue, I am looking to do the same thing as you?

Could you do some A/B testing such as using some other MIDI interface/driver to see if this is an issue, or another Mac program that receives and sends MIDI? Depending on that you could narrow down the cases. For example you could get Ableton Live up and running (can't save in demo mode.) but you could send and receive MIDI info.

If you write a nice report about your findings and so on I promise it will become a nice Apple bug report (PM me) but it's best to narrow down all the cases first as that helps the MainStage engineers to fix the issue. Or then someone else with latest Garageband could post in case they have it working or not working. In any case, having the latest OS and GarageBand is a good starting point.

Well I have MainStage 3 changing presets automatically on my axe now. But can't can't seem to get the MFC/axe to change Patches on MainStage. Not sure why...o_O

Unfortunately I have not been successful at getting midi to work through USB to control MainStage. Works great through a couple of other midi interfaces I have tried, now using a Roland UM-ONE.

Back
Top Bottom