Problem with FC 12 jumping from 511 to 0 instead of 512

Velokki

Inspired
Here's a video of the behavior:

I have all my user presets from 512 upwards, for the sake of it being easy to backup the bank, and I'm not going over any factory presets.

But would love the FC12 to just go forward one preset at the time and not jump back to 0 from 511. Why is this happening?

Thanks!

There are 512 presets but are numbered from 0 to 511, not 1 to 512. Kinda quirky but that's why it goes from 511 to 0.

There are 512 presets but are numbered from 0 to 511, not 1 to 512. Kinda quirky but that's why it goes from 511 to 0.

The problem is that I have 1023 preset slots. All my presets are on 512-1023.

I would like to go from 511 to 512 to 513 etc... Instead it goes from 511 to 0.

See p. 4 in the Footswitch Functions guide, in the section about “Lower Limit/Upper Limit, in “BANK: INCREMENT / DECREMENT (“INC / DEC”)”.

We used to run into this all the time when we’d change our layouts and didn’t adjust the start and end ranges. We’d tell the unit to move past the upper limit and it’d wrap around to 0 again. They finally adjusted the firmware so it defaults to the entire range of presets.

You can give it a limited range if you want to restrict it to something else. For the entire range of presets use 0 for the lower value, and for the upper value enter 9999 and it’ll figure out the right number.

It also sounds like your firmware isn’t current, or maybe you loaded an older layout.

Last edited:
See p. 4 in the Footswitch Functions guide, in the section about “Lower Limit/Upper Limit, in “BANK: INCREMENT / DECREMENT (“INC / DEC”)”.

We used to run into this all the time when we’d change our layouts and didn’t adjust the start and end ranges. We’d tell the unit to move past the upper limit and it’d wrap around to 0 again. They finally adjusted the firmware so it defaults to the entire range of presets.

You can give it a limited range if you want to restrict it to something else. For the entire range of presets use 0 for the lower value, and for the upper value enter 9999 and it’ll figure out the right number.

It also sounds like your firmware isn’t current, or maybe you loaded an older layout.

I tried looking very hard but didn't find anything regarding the "Bank Increment" settings in my Axe! Could you check if it still exists there for you, or was this a thing in older FWs? I went Setup --> FC Controllers --> through all the pages. In Config-page there is the Bank Switch Limits, but you can only set "Disabled" or "Enabled". Nowhere to put 0 or 9999.

I just updated to the newest 20.03 firmware yesterday, so I'm up to date.

I tried looking very hard but didn't find anything regarding the "Bank Increment" settings in my Axe! Could you check if it still exists there for you, or was this a thing in older FWs? I went Setup --> FC Controllers --> through all the pages. In Config-page there is the Bank Switch Limits, but you can only set "Disabled" or "Enabled". Nowhere to put 0 or 9999.

I just updated to the newest 20.03 firmware yesterday, so I'm up to date.
It’s part of the definition of the switch used to increment/decrement the banks. That’s why it’s in the Switch Functions guide. You can select that particular switch in the FC Edit page, or do it from the front panel.

It’s part of the definition of the switch used to increment/decrement the banks. That’s why it’s in the Switch Functions guide. You can select that particular switch in the FC Edit page, or do it from the front panel.
Now I found it. However, it doesn't work. It automatically changes max to 102, and behavior from 511 is still to preset 000, not 512.

Attached is a screenshot.

Attachments

• Axe FX 3 edit view.jpg
    Axe FX 3 edit view.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 6
Still doesn't work! Now I'm very much out of possible actions here! :D

Attachments

• Axe FX 3 edit view 3.jpg
    Axe FX 3 edit view 3.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom