Problem with FC-12 - all switches got reset out of the blue

phrod

Not sure if anyone experiences that (I don't follow forums and my brief search didn't anything like what I am experiencing).

This afternoon, my FC-12 just started having problems. All of a sudden all switches and displays went blank...

After playing around a bit with it, it seems like all the switches were just reset to no assignment (editing now my original thread contents).

Is there a way to get back to the default assignments? I already tried to re-flash 12.8, 12.7 and the firmware 1.11 for the FC-12 but no luck. Seems like I will need to manually assign all of them again.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 7.41.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 7.41.08 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
There are no switch assignments in the layout you have selected in that screenshot, had there been previously? Have you tried assigning something to a switch?

There are no switch assignments in the layout you have selected in that screenshot, had there been previously? Have you tried assigning something to a switch?

Yeah, just updated my original post.

I can manually assign them, seems like it was just a global reset of sorts. Any idea if this has happened to anyone else or what can cause that?

Thanks.

Not sure how they would have been wiped out. If you were using the default layouts, you can restore them by going to Setup -> FC Controllers and paging over to the Reset tab.

Not sure how they would have been wiped out. If you were using the default layouts, you can restore them by going to Setup -> FC Controllers and paging over to the Reset tab.

Thank you. I had tried that but didn't help. Even after the reset, no assignment would be loaded into any switch.

I thought after manually programming two layouts, things were back to normal but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Almost everything works except for the the "Bank" increment and decrement switches. I the layout show below, I can access the tuner but the "Bank +1" and "Bank -1" switches have no effect on the Axe-Fx III when pressed.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 8.39.22 PM.png

If this is still behaving oddly for you please upload a dump of the system settings from Fractal-Bot and I'll take a look when a have a moment.

Looks like you're already showing all 8 available scenes in that layout. There are no other banks of scenes to show. Bank functions are for presets not scenes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom