Problem with external switch, AXE FX XLII+, MFC-101 mkIII

elvis

Experienced
I have four momentary switches hooked up to the MFC-101 mk III external switch jacks. I have them set up with switch type momentary and MIDI type latching.

When I change preset, the first press of the ext switches does nothing. After that, they toggle the AXE FX functions as expected. Pressing the same or different presets starts the game over again, with the first ext switch press ignored, subsequent presses working as expected.

Any idea why, and how to stop ignoring the first press?

The switches are just mechanical momentary switches, no power or anything.

More details will help determine exactly what's happening. What are the switches set up to control? "Bypass" items in the I/O: CTRL menu, External Controls used as modifiers, some other functions?

This is usually related to the lack of real sync between MFC external switch logic and whatever you're controlling on the Axe-FX. So, the first press might be sending an "on" command for a block that's already on. A similar scenario can happen with modifiers with PC Reset enabled.

Thanks for the response! I thought about it, and tried params where the preset comes up with that function off and it works fine!

So for ext switches, first press is apparently "ON" or "X", not "Toggle" per se. The following switch presses are toggles from there.

MFC external switch values can be set per preset, so you could make the "off" value 127 as needed. Then the next press would be on = 0, switching the controlled thing to the "off" state.

MFC external switch values can be set per preset, so you could make the "off" value 127 as needed. Then the next press would be on = 0, switching the controlled thing to the "off" state.

This would be perfect.

How? I only know how to do the global programming.

Back
Top Bottom