Problem with display? (Resolved. Chapeau G66)

Madtone

Noticed some vertical white lines appearing on the main display. The one on the tuner follows the tuning cursor. Can’t say I’ve noticed it happen each time I use the unit and they are certainly not there when I turn unit on. Not timed how long it takes for them to appear but must be over an hour. The ones on the Home Screen seem to get more pronounced the longer the unit is on. Happens at home and in rehearsal space.
Everything else working ok.
Should I be worried?
Anyone had this happen to their unit?
I’ll contact G66 but can’t be without unit for a few weeks at the moment as I’ve a few gigs coming up.
Any advice much appreciated.

IMG_4807.jpeg
IMG_4810.jpeg

you need to disassemble the FM3 and check the display cable connection on the board
Thanks for the advice. Only had it for 9 months, still under warranty, so I’d be a bit worried about opening it up (presume opening up would void the warranty). If I had no gigs on the horizon I’d just send it back for repair. Guess what I’d like to know is if it’s not too serious a problem that the display could give up on me just like that.

Thanks for the advice. Only had it for 9 months, still under warranty, so I’d be a bit worried about opening it up (presume opening up would void the warranty). If I had no gigs on the horizon I’d just send it back for repair. Guess what I’d like to know is if it’s not too serious a problem that the display could give up on me just like that.
Contact Fractal support.

I agree with Rex, but you are expressly allowed to open your device to repair it, so that won't void the warranty.

Most likely support will suggest you do the same to avoid potentially unnecessary shipment.

Following posting the question here, I also contacted G66 last night (23:46 to be precise) and sent the same description of the problem.
4 minute later I received the following response. Impressive.

“this seems to be a issue with the display itself. Not a big deal.
We can exchange the display.
Tell me , when you would like to send it in.”

One of the reasons I went with Fractal was that I’d read on these pages how good their customer service is and this is another fine example.

I’ll take it to my upcoming gigs and work a repair schedule around that.

Hopefully won’t need to use my Headrush Gigboard as backup 😬

Back
Top Bottom