Problem with copying scenes in FM 3 edit

MrCrossroads83

Experienced
Hello folks,

I do have a little problem with the scenes in the FM 3:
I copied my scene 1 to scene 2 with FM 3 edit
and now I have the problem that every change in one of these scenes will also change
the other scene so that both scenes sound exactly the same :rolleyes:.
I thought I would copy it to another scene placeholder and then have the opportunity to
increase the gain to have a second scene with more gain.
As I am an office guy for years my thinking of copying something is like copying office files to work with
a copy and to tweak that, then save it again etc....
As working with different scenes works well with other presets rom Austin Buddys goldpack WITHOUT changing two scenes with one single change in a scene f I think that I did something wrong or haven`t understand how copying scenes work in the FM 3 :D

Hello folks,

and now I have the problem that every change in one of these scenes will also change
I thought I would copy it to another scene placeholder and then have the opportunity to
As I am an office guy for years my thinking of copying something is like copying office files to work with
As working with different scenes works well with other presets rom Austin Buddys goldpack WITHOUT changing two scenes with one single change in a scene f I think that I did something wrong or haven`t understand how copying scenes work in the FM 3 :D
Scenes don’t affect every parameter. They’re mainly about what blocks are engaged and what channel each block is on.

There are several ways to accomplish what you want to do, but the first thing to try is to have a different amp channel in your higher-gain scene. Then you can tweak the amp however you like.

Exactly. If you use amp channel A in scenes 1 & 2 and edit it, the edit's are being made to amp channel A not to the scene. You could however use scene controllers to modify the channel so it's only affected in a certain scene

Yea the way to do what you were after is copy the scene, then at its new location copy the channel of the blocks you will make changes to a new channel, then change the settings in the new channel, then save.
So if you want more drive on amp, more delay mix and a different drive pedal, copy the scene you would like to alter to a new scene, copy those three blocks channels to additional channels within the blocks where you will have the changes made then save the preset with that new scene set up the way you want it. then save the preset with the scene active that you want to be where the preset defaults to when you load it...

Seems like a lot but it becomes second nature pretty quick.

Hello folks,

Got the same problem. Copied scene 1 to all the other scenes (2-8). But then when I'm doing changes in, for example scene 3, and click on save it saves those changes to all the scenes? Now it works that way in all the presets???

Got the same problem. Copied scene 1 to all the other scenes (2-8). But then when I'm doing changes in, for example scene 3, and click on save it saves those changes to all the scenes? Now it works that way in all the presets???
What are you changing? Example: if you change Delay Time in channel A of a Delay block, you’re changing that Delay Time for every scene that uses Channel A of that Delay block.

It doesnt matter what i change? I can change an amp in one scene and that will happen in all other scenes in the preset. If i ad a block in a scene it will come to the other scenes. Acctually what happens is that it writes that scene to all the other scenes in the preset?

I should be able to have 8 different scenes (amps, cabs, effects etc) in the same preset right?
Scenes represent a single preset in 8 states. The routing (grid) is always the same in all scenes (remember: it's a single preset). The parameter values in all blocks also are the same (with the exception of Scene controllers, read below). But the Bypass states ("engaged/bypassed" aka "on/off") of the effect blocks can vary per scene. Also, the X/Y state or selected Channel can vary per scene. Finally, each scene can have its own output level setting. All in all, scenes are similar to an advanced switching system for a pedalboard or a 19" rack.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Scenes#About_scenes

I'm not "working" with channels. Only scenes ;-)
You're working with channels and scenes. Crack the manual and read up on what scenes can change and what they can't change. You're changing stuff that scenes have no control over.

Last edited:
When you copy a scene, the copy has the same state of channels (A,B,C,D) in all blocks. Altering amp block A will alter any scene, where this block A channel is used. To alter the state, you have to change the channel. Copy amp block channel A to B to have the same setting and amp. Than you can alter and store this different block B. In one preset you can use four different amps or one amp with four different settings, or something between that. I needed some time to get that too.

Back
Top Bottom