Problem with 4CM

Yzaviv

Hey folks ,

So finally I got a humster cable for the 4CM method , and it really cancel all the hum noise that I had when using high gain channels on my amplifiers.

Problem is that it cuts the signal of the amp in a way that the amp sound different, it sounds less rich and less sparkling and less distorted.

Any thoughts ??

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a number of things, but the AXE is pretty good at passing your amp signal through un-affected. Double check your global output EQ's and make sure any blocks you have aren't messing with your sound somehow. It's gotta be something either in your patch, or global settings.

@Nater i have tried with just delay block and reverb block still the same, and AXE FX SETTINGS set to default.

@Ro-mix , what does it mean "The cable has bigger impedance" , should it be like that to kill the sound of the amp?

Just to mentioned i have ordered the cable from a trusted manufacture - Guitar-cable.com , Fractal recommended ..

Still doesn't get it.......

Help anyone ?

All a humbuster cable is a cable with the shield lifted at one end, so if the cable is high quality it should not cause problems.

Impedance, bad connector?

Sent from my Atrix HD MAXX using Tapatalk.

@Nater i have tried with just delay block and reverb block still the same, and AXE FX SETTINGS set to default.

@Ro-mix , what does it mean "The cable has bigger impedance" , should it be like that to kill the sound of the amp?

Just to mentioned i have ordered the cable from a trusted manufacture - Guitar-cable.com , Fractal recommended ..

Still doesn't get it.......

Help anyone ?

fractal "recommended" might not apply for the specific application you are using with the pF of that cable.

Tube amps are going to be very sensitive to cable impedance.

The funny thing Best-tronics does not offer any specs on the Humbuster jack equipped cable.

But I suspect that it is this:

http://btpa.com/pdf/CA-0393.pdf

Which has a Capacitance Conductor to Shield: of 37pF/ft. I suspect the odds are it is even higher than37pF/ft. If you have a very bright amp or guitar or like dark tones this would work -- if not (depending on the length) your amp is going to sound like somebody through a blanket over it.

Personally, if a cable has a pF/Ft great than mid-twenties - I pass.

If you are going into a PA speaker - this becomes almost non-issue because you are going to dial to that particular monitor anyway.

But tube amps can be a little sensitive when it comes to cables.

You can look at placing a buffer between Axe out to amp input and the amp guitar input -- that could also help.

Back
Top Bottom