Problem With 4CM. RJM MMGT22 & Boogie Mark V

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hi guys,

I'm having a little problem this evening with my setup. I've been using the axe with a boogie mark v 35, RJM MMGT and the axe via the 4CM. I have an RJM Rack gizmo as well which is switching channels on my amp.

So I started to use my Mark V head with my setup after buying one a few weeks back. I have everything set up and on startup after flicking the standby switch to on everything works great. The problem seems to be when I go to the GT and change a preset the sound just mutes itself unless I restart the axe. I'm getting a level from input 1 on the axe front panel but nothing from input 2. If I then reset the axe and change presets manually via the axe fx front panel all is fine.

I've tried running my MKV35 as well and it does the same thing, so it can't be the amp.

I'm guessing its some sort of midi glitch somewhere muting output 2? but I'm not sure. Or possibly the GT firmware as well.

Anyone familiar with this issue at all or have any suggestions?

Many thanks
Paul

i notice that your Scene buttons are set to "Send on Preset Change" and some also "Update on Preset Change."

i think those should be off? i haven't used the MMGT in a long time, so i forgot what should and shouldn't be on. but maybe check those out?

i don't see any messages that would specifically turn off the Input or Output on the Axe, but maybe if all these Scenes are trying to load at the same time on Preset change, it could be causing a data overload?

i notice that your Scene buttons are set to "Send on Preset Change" and some also "Update on Preset Change."

i think those should be off? i haven't used the MMGT in a long time, so i forgot what should and shouldn't be on. but maybe check those out?

i don't see any messages that would specifically turn off the Input or Output on the Axe, but maybe if all these Scenes are trying to load at the same time on Preset change, it could be causing a data overload?

Thanks Chris I'll give a go. It's not actually the scenes that are affect but just the preset changes for some reason.

Thanks Chris I'll give a go. It's not actually the scenes that are affect but just the preset changes for some reason.
yes, but if your switches are set to "Send on Preset change" then it's as if you are pressing all those buttons when you change a preset. if i remember correctly.

Hi guys,

I'm having a little problem this evening with my setup. I've been using the axe with a boogie mark v 35, RJM MMGT and the axe via the 4CM. I have an RJM Rack gizmo as well which is switching channels on my amp.

So I started to use my Mark V head with my setup after buying one a few weeks back. I have everything set up and on startup after flicking the standby switch to on everything works great. The problem seems to be when I go to the GT and change a preset the sound just mutes itself unless I restart the axe. I'm getting a level from input 1 on the axe front panel but nothing from input 2. If I then reset the axe and change presets manually via the axe fx front panel all is fine.

I've tried running my MKV35 as well and it does the same thing, so it can't be the amp.

I'm guessing its some sort of midi glitch somewhere muting output 2? but I'm not sure. Or possibly the GT firmware as well.

Anyone familiar with this issue at all or have any suggestions?

Many thanks
Paul
Just a suggestion but the RJM users forum would be the best place to seek help, they have extensive experience with these problems.

Just a suggestion but the RJM users forum would be the best place to seek help, they have extensive experience with these problems.

Thanks for the info, that was the next thing I was gonna try. I just thought I'd try the Fractal fourm first just in case it was the axe.

Thanks guys
Paul

Back
Top Bottom