problem using axe fx 3 as audio interface

hblu2002

Hi Guys,

Hoping to get a little help with using the axe fx3 as an audio interface. I have already read the manual. I am on an m1 MacBook Pro. With my other audio interfaces I have not had an issue. I switched the sound preferences to axe fx3. I see input when I am playing. I have made sure the audio midi settings are also set to axe fx3. In logic I see input for a record armed track. I do not however get any output from logic in terms of pre-recorded tracks. Output 1 and 2 are selected in logic as the main stereo output -- which should be coming through the headphones. I did try unplugging and replugging in the usb cable. And again I do see signal going into the computer -- its the output part that I am missing and hoping someone can assist with. The firmware for the usb is 1.1.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Howie

Can you play system audio output through the AxeFX? Is your USB return level turned up? If you inspect the audio track after recording, does it have recorded audio? Did you turn off monitoring for the Logic track you're trying to play back?

Hi Glenn — I was unable to get system audio output. Audio is definitely being recorded. I had monitoring on as well as off to compare and no difference. USB returns are all set to 0db. iTunes not playing through system either. Again thanks for any input!

Seems basic, but Is the audio output knob 1 turned up? Can u hear your own audio playing?

Hi Geoff,
Absolutely hear my own playing. I did contact support and went through some things — it looks like I need to ship it back for service. I did try my FM3 with same setup and usb cable and it all works great. What I’m experiencing — after more careful observation is a drop off in system audio after about 20-30 seconds. So the guitar still is audible but logic, iTunes or any other computer audio stops playing after that time. If I restart the axefx it will work again for another 20-30 second stint and then it drops again. I also tried it with my older iMac and essentially same issue. So it wasn’t a setup issue but hardware issue apaparently. Thankfully fractal has amazing customer service!

Back
Top Bottom