Problem Upgrading to Firmware 7.0

gspin

Guys, sorry if this is an obvious one, but I searched Support and the Forum and couldn't find an answer.

I upgraded my Axe II from 6.0 to 7.0 from my Axe Edit (using the Utility page on my unit) WITHOUT importing the 6.0 presets again from the site. I assume if I do install those presets my own presets will be overwritten. In any event, the firmware update appears to be successful, except I can't see any of the new amps, cabs or other new items in Axe Edit. I have of course powered down my unit and restarted Axe Edit. No good.

What am I missing here?

Many thanks in advance

gspin

You need to update your Axe Edit to the newest version to see the latest additions. Yes, if you all install the new presets yours will be overwritten. Back yours up (which you should be doing anyway) and then import them after you have loaded the 7.0 presets. Alternatively, you could also just import the 7.0 presets you wanted and not overwrite the existing presets you want to keep.

Since I don't work at Fractal audio, I'm just guessing here:

the Axe FX II has no affect on Axe Edit when it comes to list of amps, cabs and such.
The reason why you can't see any of the new amps is because the Axe Edit program needs to be updated. Axe Edit has a list of all the amps that are in the Axe FX, if the two doesn't match, Axe Edit simply can't edit or see the amps it doesn't know about.
It's actually not bad since it doesn't cause it to crash or anything and you can still edit the parameters in the amps and effects that Axe Edit knows about.
You should try to update Axe Edit to the newest version.
latest version is v1.0.317
I'm not sure if Fractal audio updated axe edit to be compatible with firmware 7.0
If not, it should be updated soon.

Axe-Edit Software Editor for the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Guitar Processor

Hope this helps :)

I upgraded my Axe II from 6.0 to 7.0 from my Axe Edit (using the Utility page on my unit) WITHOUT importing the 6.0 presets again from the site. I assume if I do install those presets my own presets will be overwritten.
You are correct!
There are v7 banks on the support site.. set up to use with the amp changes in 7.0.
Once you have upgraded to AxeEdit 1.0.317 (supports 7.0), backup you personal presets.
You can then happily load up the new factory banks, then use AxeManage to move your back,

Another approach - depending on how you have your presets structured - wold be to open a v7 Factory bank in AxeManage and selectively move the new presets to the Axe. Either approach works, it depends onb how many of your own presets you have.

For example - I keep six Bass guitar presets at the top of bank "C" - I use factory presets for guitar gigs (yes, they are that good). So I open bank C in AxeManage, select all presets (except the first six) then right click click and select "send selected presets to Axe", then sit and wait. Boom, all Bank C is now Factory v7 - and my own presets are untouched.

NOTE: You will want to go into your presets and reset the amp (select another amp then re-select yours) to make sure you get the new v7 amp features. This should not change the settings you already have.

Back
Top Bottom