problem solved

I'm curious about a question. if we add an preamp (i am considering Millennia hv3c) and compressor (empirical labs el8) behind the cab simulation,can we get better sound?​

No. Definitively no. No matter how expensive that gear is, you can sell it, as it is redundant when using the Axe-FX III.

You could add a preamp (Amp Block Tube Preamp) and a Compressor block after the CAB block. As a matter of fact, yo do not need to add the Tube-Preamp block, because the Axe-FX CAB block already has a high-quality preamp included (Tube, Bipolar, FET 1, FET 2, Transformer, Tape 70us, Tape 50us, Tape 35us, Vintage, Modern and Exciter preamp types). They are based on expensive preamp consoles, but Cliff doesn't reveal the actual models to avoid the headache of people making comparisons and wishes for specific models.

Please share your experience.​

I experience dizziness reading bold letters 😅

Last edited:
No. Definitively no. No matter how expensive that gear is, you can sell it, as it is redundant when using the Axe-FX III.

You could add a preamp (Amp Block Tube Preamp) and a Compressor block after the CAB block. As a matter of fact, yo do not need to add the Preamp block, because the Axe-FX CAB block already has a high-quality preamp included (Tube, Bipolar, FET 1, FET 2, Transformer, Tape 70us, Tape 50us, Tape 35us, Vintage, Modern and Exciter preamp types). They are based on expensive preamp consoles, but Cliff doesn't reveal the actual models to avoid the headache of people making comparisons and wishes for specific models.

I experience dizziness reading bold letters 😅
Thank you for your valuable advice,and problem solved!

Back
Top Bottom