Problem loading patches and IR's since 10.4

Xrocker

Fractal Fanatic
Since upgrading to 10.04 I can't load IR's or any of my old patches into my Ultra.

I'm using a Mac mini 10.6, SysEx Librarian and a midisport 2x2. System worked flawlessly in the past.

I upgraded Axe-Edit and it connects now but I've noticed the Ultra's system ID is now 00 01 74.

I can load patches such as Scott Peterson's JCM 800 but not an older patch like Violin2.syx.
When I show contents of Scott's patch in SysEx Librarian the first line of data has the Ultra's system ID in the first line. F0 00 01 74 01 04 01 05

Patches that won't load including IR's show a first line of F0 00 00 7D 01 04 01 00.

Anybody out there with a solution?

Since upgrading to 10.04 I can't load IR's or any of my old patches into my Ultra.
Did you mean 10.05?? There is no Ultra 10.04!
The sysex Id you are seeing is correct.. is is "00 01 64" for 10.02 and later, "00 00 7D" for 10.01 and before.
On loading IR's you have 2 choices...
#1 - load them thru AxeEdit as it handles the sysexid value "conversion" or
#2 - there's a utility that a forum member wrote that will scan all your IR's and change the internal value to "00 01 74" to allow you to load them from Sysex Librarian.

Thanks s0c9.

Yeah, I'm currently on 10.05. I meant to say the problem started at 10.03.

I haven't trusted Axe-Edit yet, but I guess it's time to try it.
If not I'll look for the change utility. I wasn't looking forward to changing
thousands of IR's using BBedit!

Did you mean 10.05?? There is no Ultra 10.04!
The sysex Id you are seeing is correct.. is is "00 01 64" for 10.02 and later, "00 00 7D" for 10.01 and before.
On loading IR's you have 2 choices...
#1 - load them thru AxeEdit as it handles the sysexid value "conversion" or
#2 - there's a utility that a forum member wrote that will scan all your IR's and change the internal value to "00 01 74" to allow you to load them from Sysex Librarian.
...or...
#3 - change it manually in SendSX or MidiOX.

To the original poster, just try it... edit the numbers in SendSX then hit the send button. The utility was written to help users deal with hundreds of .syx files, but it's not the only way to do it. For one or two .syx files, don't hesitate to change it manually. You can even save it (overwrite the original) after the edit so that it will have the right sysexid next time around.

...or...
#3 - change it manually in SendSX or MidiOX.

To the original poster, just try it... edit the numbers in SendSX then hit the send button. The utility was written to help users deal with hundreds of .syx files, but it's not the only way to do it. For one or two .syx files, don't hesitate to change it manually. You can even save it (overwrite the original) after the edit so that it will have the right sysexid next time around.
Absolutely correct... that will work too. :)

I'm having no luck with loading IR's via Axe-edit.

I'm a mac user. Are there any solutions to change sysex values on a Mac?

Back
Top Bottom