Problem Installing USB Driver

pharmd07

Experienced
Hi guys. Just got a new laptop, a Lenovo U530 running Windows 8.1. I'm trying to install the Axe Fx USB driver, but having no luck. I used the USB driver installer, but something isn't installing correctly. Fractal Bot won't choose the ports, and Axe Edit says the Axe Fx 2 is disconnected when it is indeed connected.

When I got into device manager, there is the yellow triangle with the "!" and the device details state the following:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Indicates two revision levels are incompatible.

I've uninstalled, restarted the laptop, reinstalled, restarted the laptop, etc several times, no luck.

I've also tried installing as administrator, and as Windows 7 compatibility.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
One more significant detail:

Now the Axe Fx 2 will no longer connect to my old Windows XP system. Same Code 10 error as stated above. This has never happened before

What's the problem here?

Worked fine on windows 8 here. No issues (after running it as administrator with compat mode to windows 7).

Try a different USB port maybe and check the registry for remainders of older Axe USB drivers.

I tried connecting to 3 different USB ports on my new Windows 8 laptop, no luck.

And for some reason, the Axe Fx will no longer connect to my older Vista computer, even though it has connected to this computer many, many, many times in the past.

It seems like there is something wrong with the Axe Fx.

Ugh. Finally figured out the problem (at least on my Windows 8 computer). Windows 8 wouldn't use the Axe Fx 2 driver that I installed. It kept trying to use a generic USB audio driver, which of course, doesn't work. I had to manually update the driver by pointing windows to the USB Installer folder in program files. Now everything is working perfectly. Yay!

Back
Top Bottom