Problem: Ax 8 switches respond too late

Hello,

Checking out my second hand bought Ax8 and I have two things I don't like and that I hope are adjustable:

1 When I press any main button softly it doesn't seem to switch every time, now it even feels like I almost have to kick it te get from one preset or scene to another. Can you adjust the sensitivity of the knobs?

2. The effects (scenes, presets) respond later than I press them. We're talking about maybe 200 to 400 milisec. but it really sucks when you want to hit the next effect on 'the one' of the next bar. My first note always still seems to be in the previous effect when it should be in the new one.

So is the Ax8 just lazy or what?

Thanks in advance,

V

The footswitches can be set to switch when pressed on "toe down", or set to switch when pressed on "toe UP". I'm wondering if your unit was set by original owner in that latter mode?
Easy enough to change....

Since the switches come default with “Hold for XY” - which is an excellent feature - it needs to wait to see if you’re holding the switch or releasing it eventually. Any controller with gold options acts the same way.

So by default, the tap functions activate on the release of the switch. This is mentioned in the manual. Either whack the switch faster so it releases quickly, or turn off the Hold for XY or other options mentioned in the manual.

Back
Top Bottom