Probably the most interesting guitarist today

Holy cow. How do you become that skilled that young? He must have signed up for Beatto's black book.;)

Also, a 100% Fractal Audio band (Polyphia). Not that it matters in this case.

That's the youngest looking 25 year old I've ever seen.

Bad ass guitar wizardry right thar....

I read they sometimes write via keyboard or programming MIDI sequences and then learn it on guitar. That probably helps to focus on chords and melody instead of falling into typical guitar cliches.

Yeah, that was pretty bad. Both Scott and Tim. Looks like they were just trying to wing it. Gotta prepare for stuff like that unless you're Paul Gilbert or Joe Satriani and you've prepared for every possible situation 20 years ago.

I dig it.

I don't really care about the sweeps and tapping, but both rhythmically and harmonically I found it interesting and enjoyable.

Importantly, my wife can enjoy it as well, which is more than can be said about most instrumental guitar music.

Yeah, that was pretty bad. Both Scott and Tim. Looks like they were just trying to wing it. Gotta prepare for stuff like that unless you're Paul Gilbert or Joe Satriani and you've prepared for every possible situation 20 years ago.
i don't know....pretty much everything there was just a str8 rock and roll jam...not a whole lot of prep needed. Just seems like they are guys who excel at executing a composition, not so much just vibing and jamming. plenty of very technical players like that. Satch was by far the best in that setting.

Yeah I wouldn't criticize them too much for that performance, improvising is just not really their thing, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Also being up on stage with absolute legends like Vai, Satriani and Gilbert shredding it up before you would be intimidating as hell.

Wowsers, buffer underrun finally makes it into the guitar playing world!

The band stuff on the interview doesn't really do it for me, but this solo guitar excerpt is way cool!

i don't know....pretty much everything there was just a str8 rock and roll jam...
Which IMO at this point is old and tired as hell, which is why these folks choose to blaze their own path. That's just not the kind of music they play. I'm not sure why they even agreed to come out. Next to Satch and Gilbert even Vai looks like a bit of an amateur.

Back
Top Bottom