Probably lost my Axe FX II and my MFC101 :(((

Carmacore

My post rock band Trén expirienced one of the worst nightmare off all musicians yesterday. All of our equipment is probably destroyed or damaged in a fire. The room is closed for the investigations so there is no chance to see if something has survived the tragedy.
Here is an article of a local newspaper (sorry, German only):

https://www.tag24.de/nachrichten/er...d-feuerwehr-feuer-polizei-ermittlungen-353831

My Axe FX is in the Rack Case on the top of the Warwick Cabinet. Could be Damaged by the heat and water :(
My MFC101, EV1, my synthesizers, IEM, FRFR speaker, laptop, Line6 Relay g90, Soundcraft mixer, stage boxes, DI boxen etc are probably in even worse condition.
At the moment we have no idea if we´ll ever see some money from any ensurance. We are just sitting and waiting for the results of the fire investigation...
All the gigs are canceled.
The worst day for me as a musician since i started playing guitar 20 years ago:(
Such a mess...
Just asked g66 if they could try to repair/maintain my fractal devices, in case there is still something to save.

Oh, dude, I am so sorry to see the sheer devastation and loss of your gear. Do you know what caused the fire? If it was no fault of your own, the band space build owner may be liable for damages to replace your gear. I appreciate that this is in Germany and not the UK, but surely you have some form of tort law over there?

Best of luck.

That really does suck out loud. I hope the insurance companies take care of things quickly and you're back to gigging soon.

Sorry for that, hope that this nightmare is far away from my hometown. And I will offer you the same like Hubi. If you have a gig near Bremen, I can loan you my AX8. Maybe you got files of your presets so we can change them with fractools . Wish you good luck.

Last edited:
Very cool rolidoc!! We are all brothers, nice to see that is true, not just words. Carmicore, hoping for a great outcome with this. I'm feeling your pain for sure, been through similar things in the past.

my heart absolutely goes out to you and your compadres..

fingers and toes crossed that your kit survived this..
best wishes bro..

Hey Carmacore - what a horrible thing! O had al my gear stolen once - same helpless feeling. I hope you get something out of insurance. My guess is your Axe is probably OK if the covers were on your road case. They protect from smoke and water fairly well. Maybe not completely, but pretty well. I imagine your MFC, if on the floor, is toast however. Let us know how you make out!

Good luck.

Joe

So sorry to hear this. I've had a bunch of gear stolen when I was touring, so I know how much of a bummer that is. I do hope some of it can be salvaged. I also hope that your insurance carrier is one of the good ones and will pay the claim.

Very sorry to hear that. Are you sure about canceling all the gigs? Maybe you could find or borrow alternative equipment and play anyway. It could keep you busy and you'll cope better with this unfortunate situation. It won't be your gear but you would have at least something positive out of this story. And you won't miss the practice and experience.

What a horrible thing to happen to anyone! I have all my gear in one place and I cannot imagine what it would be like to loose it all in one nasty fire like that. I'm really sorry for you guys and I hope your insurance sorts you out soon! Please keep us updated on what happens? I might need to adjust my own insurance in case of something like this.

Back
Top Bottom