Pro Tools

marcmesa

Experienced
Hello

Does Pro Tools is compatible with the axis Fx ?
If so, what basic version is it buy ?

Otherwise I need a software to make backing tracks and guitar work

Cordially

Happy New Year 2012

Try Logic Pro. Lot of problems with Pro Tools. I moved. :)

and Logic Pro is way cheaper.

Last edited:
I had Pro Tools LE comes with the Eleven Rack.
I sold the Eleven rack and I am unable to use this version of Pro Tools with another hardware...

Spaceboy (or others)...

I'm using PT9.X (HD system) with my new Axe II and wanted to get your opinion on something.

I would love to track dry signal and processed signal at the same time, keeping the dry for reamping. Prior to getting the Axe, I had a Pod Pro. I connected this to my external clock, and then recorded both processed and dry signal. Simple.

Near as I can tell, though, the Axe doesn't accept external clock unless it's also accepting input on that channel -- so I can't have clock on the digital input and track from the front panel analog input.

The USB isn't an option in Pro Tools HD and would be pretty lousy quality even if it was, right?

So if I want to keep the unprocessed signal in the digital domain (which I would prefer) I think my only option is to plug the guitar into a pre-amp that converts the signal to digital, track that signal unprocessed (albeit colored by the preamp even if it's not by much), and then send the digital signal into one of the digital inputs on the Axe, and then take the processed output from the Axe II from the digital out (or an analog output if I don't care about the processed signal remaining digital, which if I'm reamping I probably wouldn't care about). Mind you, I would prefer NOT to re-amp -- that's kind of the point in investing in this piece.

I was doing this -- as klugey as it is -- until I heard a loud "pop" from my equipment and now find the digital output isn't tracking. I don't know if this is a problem with the Axe or with PT or if it was a "ghost in the machine" issue that has resolved itself.

So, can I ask if you've got a more streamlined solution than this? Honestly for the price of this thing I find it inexcusable that it doesn't behave better as a piece of studio gear. The $600 POD Pro was doing this seamlessly five years ago.

Would love your thoughts!

marcmesa....you cannot use Pro Tools LE as it is not compatible with anything other then a Digidesign/Avid piece of hardware. You will need to purchse Pro Tools 9.x or later and it will work fine. The new Pro Tools software is the only one that is finally compatible with other hardware besides there traditional Digidesign/Avid hardware.

"The USB isn't an option in Pro Tools HD and would be pretty lousy quality even if it was, right? "

Why would you say that?

You could use an analog signal for reamping. Not the greatest solution but it works.

marcmesa....you cannot use Pro Tools LE as it is not compatible with anything other then a Digidesign/Avid piece of hardware. You will need to purchse Pro Tools 9.x or later and it will work fine. The new Pro Tools software is the only one that is finally compatible with other hardware besides there traditional Digidesign/Avid hardware.

SaytOn.
Yes indeed as I understand this is correct .

But Pro Tools 9.x is sold 455 Euros and it is expensive for what I want to do ....

I agree with you that it is expensive. If this is something that you think is too expensive or maybe is not in your budget, then you need to look at another software like Sony Acid or Vegas or Nuendo or something of that nature. It will get the job done and then you can just export your audio and re-import it into Pro Tools LE afterwards.

Yea, reaper should do it for now I think. Everything is digital nowadays and there is nothing any software can't do that Pro Tools can do. I truly believe now that Pro Tools is all about hype and marketing (then). I hate the fact that you have stick up that annoying USB key, even after paying them twice and I can't use the other USB/Firewire port. I have the old big key and really don't want to invest in another.

I instaler Reaper, and I managed to record an audio track with a backing track.
But no midi track.
Reaper does not recognize the Axe Fx or I do not understand it ....
It does not matter ....

Back
Top Bottom