Pro Tools lags and locks ups when recording, Reason works fine

Hi i am having issues with Pro tools 10 and the axe fx3 and axe sound card i am getting an error to turn off elastic audio and my cpu is overloaded
i took out elastic audio and still have cpu overload but the cpu is at 0.
otherwise the axe fx works perfectly fine with reason

I think you need to put more information in to really get help (what operating system, version of PT etc)

But if the Axe is working well with other audio applications, then this sounds like a PT issue to be honest.

Been a couple (or more) years for me, but why I finally completely ditched PT was issues such as this - as a long time TDM (Core, Mix, HD) user I always found it stable and reliable, but for some reason Digidesign/Avid seem unable to get anything like the native performance that others do and time and again you hear of USB audio problems solely with PT.

I would check all your s/w is up to date, remove all third party plugins and gradually build up from there based on what you've said (when I say remove I mean remove from your system not just the session)

I record with Pro Tools 2019.10 (Ultimate) and have a recording offset. That means that the audio is aways way behind (about 500 samples)

I think you need to put more information in to really get help (what operating system, version of PT etc)

But if the Axe is working well with other audio applications, then this sounds like a PT issue to be honest.

Been a couple (or more) years for me, but why I finally completely ditched PT was issues such as this - as a long time TDM (Core, Mix, HD) user I always found it stable and reliable, but for some reason Digidesign/Avid seem unable to get anything like the native performance that others do and time and again you hear of USB audio problems solely with PT.

I would check all your s/w is up to date, remove all third party plugins and gradually build up from there based on what you've said (when I say remove I mean remove from your system not just the session)

Thanks i am using windows 10 pro 64 bit with 16 gigs of ram. pro tools 10.3.10 .
I just tried using pro tools with my old focusrite interface and sound card and it was ok. then went back to the axe fx 3 sound card and same error 9403.

Back
Top Bottom