Pro tabs of U2 songs

nbelcik

Hey y'all, I'm new to the forum as I got an Axe FX II two weeks ago. I make pro tabs of U2 songs and if anyone wants them I can send them to you, as it's not letting me post the link to my Dropbox. So far, I've made ones for All I Want Is You (live from Slane Castle), Bullet the Blue Sky (Zoo TV live from Sydney), Running to Stand Still (Zoo TV live from Sydney), Zoo Station (Zoo TV live from Sydney), and Please (live from Mexico City). Let me know if you have any requests, I'm working on a few right now. I'd prefer songs where Edge doesn't play keyboards and Bono doesn't play guitar.

Awesome stuff. Looks good too. I remember getting so pro transcription books of U2 in the late 80's, but they were never as correct as the later tabs I would find online a decade later. And now they finally look good as well. Awesome!

Awesome stuff. Looks good too. I remember getting so pro transcription books of U2 in the late 80's, but they were never as correct as the later tabs I would find online a decade later. And now they finally look good as well. Awesome!

I've found a lot of those tab books are completely wrong when it comes to U2 stuff. I go by the live versions, so I study video to make sure I have it close as I can get to what Edge is doing.

If you could do Wire from The Unforgettable Fire, that would be great.

Unfortunately, I'm focusing on the live DVD's for now. There's so much layering of guitars and other instruments that it's difficult sometimes to figure out the main guitar part. For something like Wire it's easier to figure out since the guitar is very prominent.

Unfortunately, I'm focusing on the live DVD's for now. There's so much layering of guitars and other instruments that it's difficult sometimes to figure out the main guitar part. For something like Wire it's easier to figure out since the guitar is very prominent.
Remembers me of a remark of Bob Dylan to Edge; "what use making songs that nobody can ever play again ?"

I've found a lot of those tab books are completely wrong when it comes to U2 stuff. I go by the live versions, so I study video to make sure I have it close as I can get to what Edge is doing.

Makes perfect sense as a tab user as well. There's so much studio stuff going on in a studio track that you can never really play your favorite guitarists' parts. Whereas with a live version you can. Which is why I have to study a cover for live performance my first instinct is always to go study the live version.

Wasn't it being performed almost solo in the Unforgettable Fire's recording documentary?

Remembers me of a remark of Bob Dylan to Edge; "what use making songs that nobody can ever play again ?"

Why limit yourself to making something that has to be performed? Why not make the best song you can think of, craft it in the best possible form, and only worry about how you're going to perform it later? It's also fun if a live version differs significantly from a studio version.

If I can find a clear live version, would that work?

Man! I've completely forgotten what a great song Wire is. Haven't heard it in years. It most definitely sounds like something Edge wrote when he first got his SDD-3000 and was just messing with it.

Grad school has kept me busy the last couple of weeks, but I had the week off last week and decided to make some tabs. I made pro tabs for the Vertigo Tour version of An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, the PopMart version of Sunday Bloody Sunday, and the Vertigo Tour version of Elevation. As always let me know if you have suggestions or if I made any mistakes. The link to the Dropbox with the GP7 file, GP6 file, PDF, and backing track is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xsyaa0ep9sfpy1p/AAAQv2NpKmwVN_t4XPBDvewwa?dl=0

Back
Top Bottom