Pro tabs of U2 songs

Thanks to the help of Dani B who figured out the bass part, I was able to finish up my pro tab (guitar, bass, and drums) of the Zoo TV version of Even Better Than the Real Thing. Here's a link to the Dropbox with the GP7 file, GP6 file, PDF tab, and backing track. As always let me know if I made a mistake or if you have any suggestions. I'm also going to link to Dani's Youtube channel because he has some truly excellent U2 covers on his page, including the Zoo TV version of Even Better Than the Real Thing: https://www.youtube.com/user/daniB5000/videos

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xsyaa0ep9sfpy1p/AAAQv2NpKmwVN_t4XPBDvewwa?dl=0

A big thank you for this awesome tab (not forgetting the Backtracks too !)

Just a question regarding the backtracks.
It is not very easy to know exactly when to start playing.
Immediatly, ?
After one measure ?
It could be maybe useful to had some kind of count at the beginning, with an other sound/clic

Just a small comment . Your job is purely awesome.

A big thank you for this awesome tab (not forgetting the Backtracks too !)

Just a question regarding the backtracks.
It is not very easy to know exactly when to start playing.
Immediatly, ?
After one measure ?
It could be maybe useful to had some kind of count at the beginning, with an other sound/clic

Just a small comment . Your job is purely awesome.

It's tricky because some songs don't begin on the 1 of the measure. The PDF tab and the Guitar Pro tabs should let you know when to come in. You just have to count in with the shaker.

Over spring break I plan on updating all of the tabs (putting in pickup notes, playing notes, etc.) so I'll see about adding in a count to each song.

I have two announcements:
1. I have updated all of the tabs in the Dropbox folder. Based on the suggestion of @manu68 I added a cowbell click at the start of each song to indicate when to come in and pickup positions and playing styles in text.
2. I made pro tabs for the I+E version of Pride, the PopMart version of Even Better Than the Real Thing, and the Vertigo version of Zoo Station. Here's a link to the Dropbox with the Guitar Pro 7 files, Guitar Pro 6 files, PDF tabs, and audio backing tracks. As always let me know if you have any suggestions or if I made a mistake.

Thanks a lot again.
This is a precious work.

I have to mention here that my comment was made before I have a look at the guitar pro themselves.
I don't own guitar pro and I have just read your tab + videos.
Finally, I have searched and installed tuxguitar and I could read the guitar pro tabs. It is for sure a nice help too, and the click not totally mandatory then.
That said, it is always a nice thing to have to be sure to start a the right moment.
Thanks a lot for that !!!

I made a pro tab for Angel of Harlem live from Slane Castle on the Elevation Tour. I wouldn't have been able to figure out the bass part without Dani B. so I'll link to the amazing video he did for the bass part of the song. Here's a link to the Dropbox with the GP7 file, GP6 file, PDF tab, and backing track. As always let me know if I made a mistake or if you have any suggestions.

Here's the Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xsyaa0ep9sfpy1p/AAAQv2NpKmwVN_t4XPBDvewwa?dl=0

And here's Dani's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG7oa3o9EM8

I've been very busy with graduate school and haven't had much time to tab the last couple months, but I finished up my pro tab of the 360 Rose Bowl version of I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For and my pro tab of the Elevation Boston version of New York. Thanks to Spleeter I'm able to isolate the guitar, drums, and bass and it makes tabbing a lot easier. I'll try to find time to get back into tabbing.

Anyways, here's a link to the Dropbox folder with the GP7 file, GP6 file, PDF tab, and backing track. As always let me know if I made a mistake or if you have any suggestions.

Made pro tabs for If You Wear That Velvet Dress (the PopMart Mexico City version), Numb (the Zoo TV Sydney version), Tryin' to Throw You Arms Around the World (the Zoo TV Sydney version), and Summer of Love (the Live Songs of E+I version) with guitar, drums, and bass, although there's only guitar on Summer of Love. I also fixed the tab for Red Flag Day, even though I hear a G major chord, I'm pretty sure Edge is playing a G minor chord.

Here's the link to the Dropbox with the Guitar Pro 7 files, the Guitar Pro 6 files, the PDF files, and the backing tracks. As always let me know if you have any suggestions or if I made a mistake. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xsyaa0ep9sfpy1p/AAAQv2NpKmwVN_t4XPBDvewwa?dl=0

@nbelcik I don't own any Fractal gear, but I made this account just to say THANK YOU for all of your hard work on the U2 songs. They are my favorite band and as I've dug through the vast wasteland known as the internet, I've seen a lot of good tab. You are doing great tab. The quality and accuracy (even timing) is superb and I don't know how you find time to do it while in school. Excellent choice to use the live versions. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see what is next.

U2_live_at_Sydney_ZOO_TV_tour_FULL.gif

@nbelcik I don't own any Fractal gear, but I made this account just to say THANK YOU for all of your hard work on the U2 songs. They are my favorite band and as I've dug through the vast wasteland known as the internet, I've seen a lot of good tab. You are doing great tab. The quality and accuracy (even timing) is superb and I don't know how you find time to do it while in school. Excellent choice to use the live versions. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see what is next.

View attachment 63833

@nbelcik, everything @spoonbls said x 100. Thank you! 😀

If you're going to do any requests I wouldn't mind having a tab of 11 o'clock tick tock from Under a Bloodred Sky. That video has given me a lifelong thirst for black Strats with maple fretboards, big CBS headstocks, and of course the mighty '76 Explorer. I'm really curious to learn if your tab will match what I've been playing for all these years.

Not to take away anything from your request...I would like to see a tab from Nate as well, but have you seen Edo’s tutorial?

New for me, so me likey a lot. Too bad it's the CD version, as I find the video version to be far better. With Edge having to wait and improvise until Bono finishes his dance with the girl, and the outro solo is that extra measure longer. I think if I remember my War era bootlegs correctly Red Rocks was one of the last concerts where they played 11:00 tick tock with that slightly longer outro solo, after that it became like on the album.

Also why did Edge stopped using harmonics like he did so often in the early days? They were such an integral part of his sound back then, just like pinched harmonics are for Zakk Wylde. I think by the time of the Joshua Tree they had stopped completely.

With Edge having to wait and improvise until Bono finishes his dance with the girl

Like Live Aid, when Bono went wandering during Bad. I saw an interview one time and I guess the rest of the band tore a strip off Bono after the show.

I think by the time of the Joshua Tree they had stopped completely.

Not quite. He used them on WOWY, intro. to Streets, Beautiful Day. Other than that though,you’re right, he doesn’t use them as the early days.

Like Live Aid, when Bono went wandering during Bad. I saw an interview one time and I guess the rest of the band tore a strip off Bono after the show.

I've read that the band originally planned to play Pride after Bad, but they had to skip it after Bono wandered off. So the lads weren't happy with it? In hindsight it was probably the best thing that could have happened to U2. Live Aid resurrected Queen's career, but it pretty much also propelled U2 from arenas into stadiums. Aside of Queen kicking ass and Bono trying to connect with the audience nothing much else of the performances that day comes to mind. I think I still have it on VHS.

Not quite. He used them on WOWY, intro. to Streets, Beautiful Day. Other than that though,you’re right, he doesn’t use them as the early days.

There's harmonics in Streets? Must be the live intro.

FWIW, regarding new stuff, the live version of Iris (Hold Me Close) has some nice harmonics at the beginning and ending ...

FWIW, regarding new stuff, the live version of Iris (Hold Me Close) has some nice harmonics at the beginning and ending ...

I wonder if that is because SOI was U2 looking back at their beginning so Edge remembered he used to do harmonics a lot back then?

View attachment 63833

Thank for the compliments, I make these when I have some spare time and it can take a while to make these simply because I make sure I'm as accurate as possible. I've started using Spleeter to get the stems for the different parts so that has made tabbing easier. I don't claim to be perfect and have made mistakes, which is why I ask if anyone notices any mistakes or has suggestions.

Unfortunately it means I'm not as responsive to inquiries (sorry @Toopy14, I really like emailing and talking U2 guitar with you, I'm just bad at responding to things when I'm busy).

@Muad'zin I'm focusing on doing all the songs from the DVD's from Zoo TV to the latest one. I'll eventually go back and do the earlier live stuff, but it's not an era I'm especially focused on. Right now I'm working on Miracle Drug from the Vertigo Chicago DVD and Stay (Faraway, So Close!) from U22. I also have the drum track for Acrobat from the Berlin release done and am waiting for the physical release to do the guitar and bass parts (just in case they did any editing after it aired on TV)

Back
Top Bottom