Printable preset overview?

AxelF

Is there a function anywhere in FM9 edit that gives me an overview of all scenes, the blocks and amps/effects used per scene (no further details or settings needed)? Either printable or exportable as text, csv, pdf, xls or similar. Like:
Scene 1 - Main scene
Drive 1 - Zen Master
Pitch - Dual Detune

Scene 2 - Rhythm
Drive 1 - TR808
Pitch - Whammy

etc.

I use some complex presets with a lot of different blocks and channels used per scene, and block info or scene manager only show the channel used, but not the actual effect name.

There's nothing in our editors that does this, but you can export a list of all presets and scenes and then add your own notes.

There's nothing in our editors that does this, but you can export a list of all presets and scenes and then add your own notes.
Would be nice if the Preset+Scenes export feature output an .xml or other format that allowed for easier parsing and analysis, more along the lines of the Setlists and Songs export functions. The Presets+Scenes output is very clumsy to work with.

Would be nice if the Preset+Scenes export feature output an .xml or other format that allowed for easier parsing and analysis, more along the lines of the Setlists and Songs export functions. The Presets+Scenes output is very clumsy to work with.
How is it different? @Michael Pickens designed it and I've always found it excellent to work with.

It works fine if all you need is to read the output. However, trying to import and post-process the data is difficult, because the list of scenes for a given preset can't be readily associated with its preset number and preset name.

I might be the only guy trying to do this, but here's my scenario: I make heavy use of the Sets/Songs feature (love it, very useful). A preset+scene pair might be used in multiple songs. I've found myself changing a preset/scene for one song, only to realize I've inadvertently made a change that impacts another song.

Looking for ways to keep myself organized, and being a comp sci kinda guy, I noticed the setlist export is actually in .xml format. Great, I import that into Excel (not seamless as things stand, but it can be done) and now I can easily create a pivot table to quickly see where presets are used, and what the song sections are - but I can't correlate the song sections and scenes without looking up the preset/scene in a separate list. So, I go to build another quick table of presets and scenes to do the lookup, but the format of the preset+scene list doesn't lend itself to importing without an excessive amount of manual touchup, which becomes quite an impediment. (I also noted the preset numbering is inconsistent between exports, being off by 1, don't recall which is which).

It's difficult to explain in text, but if you try it yourself you'll quickly see the issues. I love the fact that you have these export features - thank you for including them! - but at least for my purposes it falls short of being truly useful. With a few output formatting changes this could be an very powerful facility, and help keep me from shooting myself in the foot.

Back
Top Bottom