Princeton Reverb Amp (Jam)

markmusicman

Experienced
This is a Princeton reverb amp block with the gain and the master all the way up. I am using the OH V30 Chinese version for the cab. This is a pretty intense jam and yes I could have played slower leads but this is what I like to do sometimes. I hope some of the Fractal members like it I just really wanted to show you can really get a jamming sound out of that Princeton reverb amp. I have never seen anyone else using it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds great. +1 for the OH V30 Chinese. I like those too. They sound great with the Princeton. Very clean playing too. I gotta imagine that amp is pretty unforgiving.

Thanks I wasn't really warmed up so I was a little off on some of the parts. But when I'm doing an improvised jam some takes come out better than others so I decided to go with this one. I did about five takes before I said this sounds good enough. I really do love that amp. I use to have a friend who owned one back in the 70s and the Axe even captures the way the low end sounds the same way the real one did when cranked up. For some reason I like the Chinese Cab better than the English.

Hey found someone else that's using it. One of the things I like the best is how it cleans up when turning the guitar volume pot down. It really sounds great like that.

I am a huge fan of many guitarists and Guthrie is on the list. After playing for so long I really try to do my own thing now. I love so many kinds of music, I have an acoustic act and even play Steven Foster songs. I think the guitarists that put the most impression on me when i was younger was Jimmy Page and David Gilmour. After that I think its just about all guitarists even unknown guitarists you see on Youtube there are so many great unknowns out there. Phil Keaggy is one of my favorites also.

Thanks man there are allot of great players that belong to this forum. The best part about it is they all have great guitar tones.

How do you have your set up for cleans? I usually just use my volume pot to clean this amp up. Id like to hear what your doing with it.

Back
Top Bottom