Prime Numbers Delay

Woland

Inspired
Hello,
I'm programming the patches for my next tour, and I've a little problem.
On a song, I've used in studio a ping pong delay from SoundToys, with 1/4 dot on the left side and 1/4 whole on the right side. Zero feedback and 100% wet.
Now, that special time subdivision is generated because the plug-in is set on "prime numbers"... and I can't recreate it on the Axe Fx.
Is it impossible? Or I can do it anyway with some mathematical trick?
Thanks!

have you tried using the dual delay and setting the left an right times using the "tempo" parameter?

have you tried using the dual delay and setting the left an right times using the "tempo" parameter?

If you mean "tempo L" and "tempo R", yes: I just set 1/4 dot on the L and 1/4 on the right. But compared with 1/4 dot L and 1/4 dot R WITH prime number delay option on, the subdivision is totally different.
Anyway, I've just found out that on 142 bpm the prime number delays are:
422.5 ms for 1/4 note
633.8 ms for 1/4 dot

Problem 1 : I can't go decimal with the AxeFx… but I don't think I can get more close than this.
Problem 2: I know it seems ridiculous… but the lack of that 0.5 and that 0.8 ms throw me complete off when I play over the sequence… :(

you can input decimal places in axe edit. click on the parameter field and type in the exact number you want. works with the band delay, which is the one you want for delays that don't feed back into each other (the quad tap delays are mot parallel)

Ok. Solved.
The subdivisions on the sound toy plug inbound different NOT because of the prime numbers option.
The 1/4 dot delay is different from the 1/4 dot delay of the fractal-
The sound toy 1/4 dot delay subdivision correspond to 40/64 on the Axe FX… at least using multi delay
Thanks Simeon!

Back
Top Bottom