Pride and Joy (Stevie Ray Vaughan) on Axe FX Ultra

browlett

Experienced
I had fun recording this today. It's obviously a cover of Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Pride and Joy". "The guitar" is just one guitar (Fender telecaster) played through an Axe FX Ultra. I recorded the guitar direct. I had the stereo enhancer turned on with default settings. I believe the amp sim used was the Matchless Chieftain. I believe I also had a drive pedal sim in front of that. And, the cabinet IR's were stock. ...possibly one of the Fender Twin varieties? Anyway, forgive my vocals. I don't sing like Stevie Ray Vaughan, but didn't want to do another one of these with no vocals. And, I realize that the guitar parts are not exact in places. I recorded this quickly.

Enjoy...

Guitar sounds great, playing too!
Vocals are Elvis-esque :) Drink more whiskey.

LOL, Yek! Yeah, I definitely added a 1950's flair to the vocals. The slapback echo does it. Plus, the inflection I added to the singing is "different". I certainly don't sing like Stevie Ray Vaughan. But, I wanted there to be vocals on this. I realize that adding crappy vocals can take away from listening to the guitar. But, I did it anyway for better or for worse.

Back
Top Bottom