1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Price was hot and I couldn't resist......

Discussion in 'Ultra/Std Discussion' started by Casanoverdrive135, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Casanoverdrive135

Casanoverdrive135
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Hi there

former long term AxeFx user (Standard and II Mk2) is back. I remembered the times when I had so much fun with my AxeFx back in the days, when I saw the unit in a local 2nd market for around 500$. So I thought "why not" and bought it......

hope I can fire up my old presets and enjoy as much as I did back in the days.
    I'm rocking a pedal board these days, using the Ethos Clean Fusion II preamp pedal and a AMT Pangaea CP100 IR player alongside with some chosen pedals (from Strymon, Neo Systems, TC Electronics, ElectroHarmonix etc.) and currently developing my own high voltage tube driven Casanoverdrive pedal preamp (prototype exists). I have my sound, which I couldn't reach back in the days when using the AF2 Mk2, but this here is just to have some fun....and a Standard AxeFx is still fun these days! :D

Don't expect me around here as much I was back on my former account, these days were gone for good (also my bad feelings, stories etc.) , but I will turn in from time to time, might share my experience with a 1G AxeFx in 2019 ;)

PS: Note for FAS, Cliff Chase: The AF3 is a killer unit, I tested it in spring 2018 at the AxeFest in germany - playing my Telecaster using the Dumble ODS (serial 0102-type, non-HRM amp) and got exactly what I always wanted with the AF2 - I had some witnesses hearing my test drive, feedback, harmonic interaction, huge dynamic range, notebloom.....all there! In the past years I repaired and re-adjusted two real D's (4th gen, non hrm, high plate, classic voicing) and can confirm the rumors, the AF3 is the shit here! But to be honest - I don't need to take 2.5k$ to own one sound (even when this sound is pretty up in the 50-100k range). I just wanted to share this little experience and say "well done!" to FAS. :D

Attached Files:

Ole, Alex C, paulasbell and 5 others like this.
  2. Randy4Guitars

Randy4Guitars
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

I was reading some old threads the other day and wondered what happened to you. Good to hear from you again! I always enjoyed your playing.

Casanoverdrive135 likes this.
  3. chucma

chucma
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Good to have you back here again Paco! I was sad to see you go, and I always hoped you’d return!

paulasbell and Casanoverdrive135 like this.
  4. Casanoverdrive135

Casanoverdrive135
    Expand Collapse
    New here

thank you guys! it feels great rocking a 1G AxeFx after all these years. :)

Randy4Guitars likes this.
  5. yek

yek
    Expand Collapse

Welcome back, Paco. Your contributions have been missed.

Ole, paulasbell and Casanoverdrive135 like this.
  6. Randy4Guitars

Randy4Guitars
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Dig those vintage digital sounds!

7. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

Welcome back Paco! Always enjoyed your Dumble content :)

bradlake and Casanoverdrive135 like this.
  8. Casanoverdrive135

Casanoverdrive135
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Uploaded my fav. Firmware 7.04 on 1G AxeFx - love it! Does anybody know how to set up the old lars barstad editor? I run a MBP with OSX 10.11