1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Price Increases Possible

Discussion in 'News' started by FractalAudio, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Anthony76

Anthony76
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I think, repeat I think, its a possible 25% increase. There are many companies out there that have warned of this increase due to the tariffs. Apogee is one that springs to mind.

Cheers
    Ant

2. funny_polymath

funny_polymath
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

"Tariff" - Just another word for 'Stealth Tax Increase". Or, if you prefer: they're a hand-dandy way to make inflation SURGE!

So, someone raised all of our taxes, or, if you prefer, is causing what will soon be massive inflation on everything we buy (since everything we buy is, apparently either made in China or uses Chinese-made parts (and other goodies, like Chinese rare earth metals - which they have a lock on for the entire world market). Get ready for everything at Wal-Mart, Costco, and your local drugstore and supermarket to get quite a bit more expensive once existing inventories are depleted.

Yep, that 'tax break' that gave me $50.00 (while giving the Koch brothers some $650,000.00), is looking so very special right now...

Jul and SalazarMcMantis like this.
  3. funny_polymath

funny_polymath
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

I would disagree. By giving an opinion that the Chinese are going to 'give up the bluff soon', you are most certainly taking a political stance at least tacitly supporting these tariffs, which end up being a TAX on consumers, working people.

P.S. The Chinese ain't gonna blink, because there is no 'bluff': they own most of our T-Bills and more - they practically own us. They literally have the power to crush our economy. Trump's David, they're Goliath, and David's slingshot is empty.

4. Wolfenstein98k

Wolfenstein98k
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

I'm going to respect the wishes of the owner of this forum, and not delve into politics.

I'll just offer to you that there's plenty of economic analysts who note China is in a much more precarious position than you may think, particularly surrounding their debt and its serviceability going forward.

China knows this better than anyone, and they're not silly.

5. YetAnotherOne

YetAnotherOne
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

If you'll all pardon a non-political post in this thread: Thanks to Cliff for giving us a heads up on the potential price increase so we can all act accordingly. I finally got my long-procrastinated order in and would have done so eventually but there's no sense waiting and paying extra if one can see the issue coming.

6. Jeries

Jeries
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

650 grand?
    They're not spending 20 million a year and upwards 100 million in a single year to save 650,000

Their company stands to save over a billion per year
    1b-1.4b EACH brother more per year

Zincaplexy likes this.
  7. Wolfenstein98k

Wolfenstein98k
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

>The more tax you pay, the more tax you save when there's a tax cut

Wow, who could've predicted that

8. Kent

Kent
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Even you suspect that you don't know how tariffs and international trade work. I suspect that you are correct to be skeptical of your own wide-ranging claims.

How would a US Tariff have an effect upon product imported to Germany? That makes no sense unless Fractal tries to offset reduced sales expectations via the EMEA market somehow and the at 'somehow' would probably be beneficial to us.

9. Ole

Ole
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Sorry, but I simply do not understand you question.
    My 2 quotes that you linked are about 2 different things, so I do not understand what you mean.

10. FractalAudio

FractalAudio
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Fractal Audio Systems Moderator

The Axe-Fx III final assembly is done in the US. They are not drop-shipped from China to Germany.

11. Admin M@

Admin M@
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Fractal Audio Systems Moderator

12. Kent

Kent
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarity there.

13. OldSnail

OldSnail
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Just heard yesterday on the TV news (here in EU) that US economy could be not so great and that economists here think that a new economical crisis could arise in 2020.

I don’t care anymore about Tariff... I’ve received my Axe-Fx 3 :p

14. Shaun Attwood

Shaun Attwood
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Good Point....Im on the G66 waiting list with a 2-4 week delivery window...:)