Preview of upcoming CD

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I'm sharing a tune from my upcoming CD. I'll only leave it up for a couple of more days. Jazzy instrumental. All guitars except acoustic of course were done with Axe Fx II. Otherwise all real instruments - real piano, real drums.

Last edited by a moderator:
So that's what real instruments sound like? I like it a lot. It works. I like think your guitar work is very tasteful.

Hey, nice! First thought it was Metheny playing ... then thought the guitar sounds a lot like a big hollowbody ( ala Gibson L5). Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys! That's a semi hollowbody ES-355 playing the melody and the solo. A Strat is playing the solo at the end and crunch and effects.

And BTW the CD is very diverse, at least as jazz albums go. This song isn't really representative of the whole. It's one of two (or three depending on which makes the cut) of commercial jazz-pop type tunes.

Like it a lot, it's a sweet sounding piece. Very nice guitar, melody and as well as solo. The excellent work on the ride and drums as a whole. My only objection is that i didn't think the crunchy rhythm guitar at the end didn't do anything for the song.

Hey! Thanks. Glad you liked it. A couple of people have mentioned the crunchy guitar at the end. But I really dig it. The song is about change. It metamorphed from the first melody and vibe. Plus part of my thing as a composer is laying melodies upon melodies. From my first CD until my 5th, that just appears to be my style!

Back
Top Bottom