Pretty Sure Reverb Buyer is Trying To Scam, Input Needed

Eliju

Experienced
So I have my account on reverb set up to only accept payapl. The buyer made an offer and I accepted then he messages me saying he only has a credit card paying from Tashkent (Uzbekistan), but it's shipping within the US. When I brought this up as a concern he said he was having it sent to a 3rd party carrier to send to his country. I don't like the idea of being paid with a credit card from another country for a high dollar item, even if it's supposed to be covered under Reverb's seller protection. Am I being paranoid for no reason?

When in doubt, nope the f out.

You are not obligated to sell to anyone if the circumstances are uncomfortable.
That's my gut reaction. I haven't sold much on reverb so I'm not familiar enough to know all the ins and outs, but the 3rd party courier just seems like a red flag.

He can use his credit card through PayPal. If the shipping address is in the US, once it’s delivered, Reverb will release the funds. I think whatever details the buyer has worked out with the 3rd party is on him at that point.

for what it's worth I've sold stuff to 3rd party forwarders before and it worked out fine. buuuuuut just make sure you're covered through reverb (shoot them a quick support email) and I think you'll be ok.

He can use his credit card through PayPal. If the shipping address is in the US, once it’s delivered, Reverb will release the funds. I think whatever details the buyer has worked out with the 3rd party is on him at that point.
PayPal doesn't take payments form Uzbekistan, which is where the problem comes in.

Yep. Walk away. I'd also contact Reverb so they know the situation if the "buyer" tries to cry foul.

So I have my account on reverb set up to only accept payapl. The buyer made an offer and I accepted then he messages me saying he only has a credit card paying from Tashkent (Uzbekistan), but it's shipping within the US. When I brought this up as a concern he said he was having it sent to a 3rd party carrier to send to his country. I don't like the idea of being paid with a credit card from another country for a high dollar item, even if it's supposed to be covered under Reverb's seller protection. Am I being paranoid for no reason?

Skip it...

Back
Top Bottom