Pretty quiet here, don't you think?

Hhuent

Experienced
while a certain thread in the Lounge is collecting more than 400 posts and more than 20.000 views in just a few days it' s gotten pretty quiet here on the fx8 forum. Especially the "invite to buy" thread which I follow time and again lacks new posts like "got invited / it's on it's way / yeah, has landed / good god this thing kills me" comments. :)) Also, reviews are getting rare. In other words: all the good stuff that tells waitlisteers things are really moving. What's happening?

not sure. Mine should be here Thursday. I got on the list day one but took a week or so to mull it over, not sure why. I'm pretty excited.

I keep posting on it almost daily to keep it near the top, however not much is happening I guess... I'm getting bummed out. The invite thread started 4/28/15 and now we're at 6/15/15 and on invites for day 4 only...:miserable:

Put the XL in a floorboard with custom scribble strips and just watch the chatter then!

Fractal has a different business model than Line 6 and Digitech. I was a repeat buyer of products from both those companies almost yearly (every time something new and reasonably affordable came out). Combined, I have given them both more money than I've ever given fractal. Fractal's M.O. is not to put a $500 floorboard every 1.5yrs though. The multifx business is subject to the lemonade stand effect just like the housing market. More units sell at lower prices due to the buying power of the demographic. i.e. 1% of the population can afford a house in the 600-800k mark.

There are more guitar hobbyist's out there than there are professionals. I read a survey (poll) somewhere that stated "16% of guitar players are professionals that make money off of it" not sure how valid that is but anyway... so hypothetically speaking, there's clearly a bigger market for the cheaper lemonade, thus more volume in that space. But I digress,

TBH, if the FX8 had amps and cabs in it then I might have cut a cheque on one just because the cost of an XL+ and MFC is unjustifiable for me.

It has gone pretty quiet on here. Still waiting over here in the UK. I caught Mark Day's gear run on youtube the other day and he was showing his FX-8 and had some good things to say about it. I'm wondering if the boat from China with the updated parts on, must have got to its destination by now?

There is one for sale on e-bay in the UK. He must have had it shipped, played with it for 5 minutes and then put it on the bay to flip it for a quick profit. That or it is bogus, which is always possible with e-bay!

There is one for sale on e-bay in the UK. He must have had it shipped, played with it for 5 minutes and then put it on the bay to flip it for a quick profit. That or it is bogus, which is always possible with e-bay!

I've just seen that looks legit. Seller has a good rating and feedback etc, how the hell he got one over here in the UK is beyond me. Could of been on the wait list in the US and a friend could of shipped it over I suppose. I've sent a message to see why he's selling it. I'll try and buy it if I can as long as its not too much price wise.

Well. Regarding the invitation-thread: No reported "invitation to buy" since 9 days.
Also no sign on this forum that someone on the waitlist after the 10/6/14 got served.
I wonder why.

I think this forum in general has changed a lot. There was a time when we had 1/3 of the quantity of people but way more conversation. I knew just about every poster and their bands. There were audio clips posted every day etc.

What happened?

I think the initial hype around the FX8 has turned into frustration on both sides. Then new products start to steal some thunder as well giving other options for us to consider. Then there are some who just get tired of waiting! I personally will continue to wait patiently, my M13 still works for me but I would love to upgrade to something with superior sound quality/flexibility. I like simplicity and being in a two guitar band that already has a pedal-crazed member that takes up alot of real estate, obviously a small footprint and ease of set-up is optimal! Fractal makes great gear, I want to be part of that, so I'll continue to check my email multiple times a day for my invite and give updates on the forum. Peace!

I got my FX8 and can't be any happier. It sounds great. I am still working with the drives. The Fx8 is extremely easy to tweak.
I have been the proud owner of an axe Fx original, Axe Fx 2 then a Kemper. I had a HD500 dream rig and finally returned to tube amps.

As a tube amp guy again, the FX8 is God sent. It will substitute my large pedalboard.

There is nothing wrong with the Fx8.

There is nothing wrong with the Fx8.

Just the opposite. That´s the reason I would like to buy one. But it very much seems like it´s not happening because it seems I won´t see them in my country for a longer time. Fine for you folks who received the first batch but that was not the point of this thread...

I'm guessing it's quiet because there's not a lot of them in the field yet? It seems the manufacturing got off to a slow start since Cliff mention problems with the overseas assembly and they were forced to ship parts to the U.S. for construction.

I signed up the second day of the waiting list and was undecided whether to buy when I received my invitation. I'm primarily an AxeII user going direct at Church, but I own a Budda Superdrive 30 and I have a Redplate RP40 scheduled for delivery later this week. I still love playing through amps when a controlled volume is not a requirement but I sold off my pedals a few years ago after transitioning to the AxeII. When I started adding up the cost of the pedals I would want to use with my amps it just made more sense to go with the FX8. I'm a week into the purchase and am really happy with the tones and usability. I don't see myself sending it back before the 15 day trial period is up.

I'm sure the activity in this sub-forum will pick up as more of these get out there in users hands. It really is a great sounding unit and really works well

I'm sure the activity in this sub-forum will pick up as more of these get out there in users hands. It really is a great sounding unit and really works well

Good observation, ethomas1013. More users will invigorate this forum.

Also, it’s not surprising that the other thread is getting a lot of attention when compared to the activity on the FX8 discussion forum. Many of us have owned L6 products at one time or another and receive their product notifications. L6’s latest announcement is big news and bound to spark tons of interest, and ignite debate.

I've just seen that looks legit. Seller has a good rating and feedback etc, how the hell he got one over here in the UK is beyond me. Could of been on the wait list in the US and a friend could of shipped it over I suppose. I've sent a message to see why he's selling it. I'll try and buy it if I can as long as its not too much price wise.

the guy selling that unit is a member on here and offered it to me before putting on ebay.he is actually the 2nd owner and bought it off another member on here from the u.s
he offered it to me for£1100 which is a good price and looking at the bidding a lot less than what it will sell for.
for me though if im spending that amount of money i want a warranty so would rather wait for a new unit from g66.

Back
Top Bottom