Pretty darn Excited! -One quick Question, and hello!-

Hello everyone!
Long time forum lurker from oz here,
Nice to meet you all again after significant absence,

Finally I have the coin and I am purchasing an AX8 this week, I have wanted to be part of the Fractal family since I first heard about the Axe Fx II !
I am just putting the finishing touches on my first instrumental EP i can't wait to re-amp through the AX8,

Just one quick question, could I run an output from the front of my Eleven rack into the AX8 then go in through the XLR on the back of the eleven rack?

Sorry if it's a silly question I have a beginner in the land of audio I/O

Thank you for taking the time to read and nice to meet you!

Pateleven rack.jpg

Should work without problems, but keep in mind to deactivate phantom power.
But why not use the AX8 as main unit and a FX-Block where you insert the Eleven-Rack?

Gday Pat,
Yes that should work, however (from an ex elevenrack owner) I suggest you just try it without the elevenrack. You will be amazed :) Even if you have significant time invested in getting the elevenrack to sound good, you'll be making better sounds in very little time with the ax8.
Welcome!
Thanks
Pauly

Hello everyone!
Long time forum lurker from oz here,
Nice to meet you all again after significant absence,

Finally I have the coin and I am purchasing an AX8 this week, I have wanted to be part of the Fractal family since I first heard about the Axe Fx II !
I am just putting the finishing touches on my first instrumental EP i can't wait to re-amp through the AX8,

Just one quick question, could I run an output from the front of my Eleven rack into the AX8 then go in through the XLR on the back of the eleven rack?

Sorry if it's a silly question I have a beginner in the land of audio I/O

Thank you for taking the time to read and nice to meet you!

PatView attachment 44779

Should work without problems, but keep in mind to deactivate phantom power.
But why not use the AX8 as main unit and a FX-Block where you insert the Eleven-Rack?

Gday Pat,
Yes that should work, however (from an ex elevenrack owner) I suggest you just try it without the elevenrack. You will be amazed :) Even if you have significant time invested in getting the elevenrack to sound good, you'll be making better sounds in very little time with the ax8.
Welcome!
Thanks
Pauly

Thank you both for helping!

Foolishly I didn’t state my question correctly,
I’ve already direct recorded my album but it possible just to run the recorded DI out of the eleven rack and into ax8 then back into the eleven rack - in order to use the ax8

Definitely moving on to solely using the AX8!

Thank you lads!

Put the AX8 into the 11R effects loop and setup a preset with only the effects loop active - no amp, cab, or any other effects active. There is one control for the cab that is still active with the cab bypassed, so make sure that is set to zero. I cannot recall the name at the moment. The 11R is set up for easy re-amping with the hardware and I/O drivers. The manual will tell you how to do it. I know you have to select the reamp specific IO inside your DAW. I have not tried this, but in theory it should work - or it could sound like crap. Give it a try. I have an AX8 and 11R btw. You will fall in love with your new toy. Enjoy.

Welcome back, @patdavidmusic !

If you have a recorded DI, why involve the Eleven Rack at all? Just feed your DI into the AX8 and call it done.

If you have a recorded DI, why involve the Eleven Rack at all? Just feed your DI into the AX8 and call it done.

He is using the 11R as his recording interface to re-record his EP through the AX8. At least that's the way I read the OP.
Also, the control for the cab block is "speaker breakup". This is active even when the cab is bypassed, so make sure it is set to zero. It's easy to re-amp through the 11R - it has ReAmp L and ReAmp R outputs that show up in your DAW I/O. You would assign one of these outputs to your already recorded DI track to feed it back to the 11R through the loop which contains the AX8 and then the 11R outputs (named Eleven Rig L and Eleven Rig R) back to the DAW to record the processed signal.

Put the AX8 into the 11R effects loop and setup a preset with only the effects loop active - no amp, cab, or any other effects active. There is one control for the cab that is still active with the cab bypassed, so make sure that is set to zero. I cannot recall the name at the moment. The 11R is set up for easy re-amping with the hardware and I/O drivers. The manual will tell you how to do it. I know you have to select the reamp specific IO inside your DAW. I have not tried this, but in theory it should work - or it could sound like crap. Give it a try. I have an AX8 and 11R btw. You will fall in love with your new toy. Enjoy.

He is using the 11R as his recording interface to re-record his EP through the AX8. At least that's the way I read the OP.
Also, the control for the cab block is "speaker breakup". This is active even when the cab is bypassed, so make sure it is set to zero. It's easy to re-amp through the 11R - it has ReAmp L and ReAmp R outputs that show up in your DAW I/O. You would assign one of these outputs to your already recorded DI track to feed it back to the 11R through the loop which contains the AX8 and then the 11R outputs (named Eleven Rig L and Eleven Rig R) back to the DAW to record the processed signal.

Champions!
Thank you all, you have given me many ideas to work with, I would just sell the 11r but it’s also my only I/O from my Mac,

The ax8 should arrive this week I will test the results and post my findings thank you lads,

Pat

You also have to set the Rig Input on Eleven Rack to Re-Amp, using the Rig Input setting in User Options, but you probably already know that. Let us know how it works. I will probably try that in the near future. The problem is that when you get time to fire up the AX8, all you want to do is play your guitar and then BAM - time is up - back to real life duties.

Don't forget that the AX8 does have spdif digital outs and the 11R has spdif inputs, so you can stay in the digital realm for recording. Has to be 48K though. (I need to try that) You will also remain in the digital realm when you re-amp.

You also have to set the Rig Input on Eleven Rack to Re-Amp, using the Rig Input setting in User Options, but you probably already know that. Let us know how it works. I will probably try that in the near future. The problem is that when you get time to fire up the AX8, all you want to do is play your guitar and then BAM - time is up - back to real life duties.

Don't forget that the AX8 does have spdif digital outs and the 11R has spdif inputs, so you can stay in the digital realm for recording. Has to be 48K though. (I need to try that) You will also remain in the digital realm when you re-amp.

A wealth of knowledge here!
I'm over the moon there are so many options, the real challenge will be finishing the EP this month -like planned- and not endless noodling, the struggle will be real!

Back
Top Bottom