Presonus USB 3.0 audio interfaces discontinuing midi support?

Stratman68

Axe-Master
I was looking at these today and no mention of midi. I know midi can use usb but you would think they would mention it in the specs somewhere. I know midi is old, old, old but it is not extinct. Like the Presonus Mobile 192 for around $450 looks great, usb 3.0. But no midi mentioned?

Yes I know usb 2 is quick enough. I just like the idea that the drivers are built fr usb 3.0 with 2.0 comparability instead of the other way around.

I think the combined audio/MIDI interfaces are falling to the wayside because most MIDI compatible gear these days already has a USB connection of its own.

There's no midi input or output on it, that's why there's no mention of it. Neither on the bigger one... Hmmm that's bad for studios.
You never know when someone is going to bring an old piece of gear.
Just this week I had an old keyboard with just a midi out and a Korg 03r/w from 1992 in the studio.
Not sure what I would've done without midi connections on my gear

I think the combined audio/MIDI interfaces are falling to the wayside because most MIDI compatible gear these days already has a USB connection of its own.

That's true, but many do not. But, as an example...That is a deal breaker for me for my home studio. I'd be curious to know how much $$$ they actually saved as compared to how many folks like myself want the midi and therefore pass on buying it. Maybe a I am a dinosaur :)

That's true, but many do not. But, as an example...That is a deal breaker for me for my home studio. I'd be curious to know how much $$$ they actually saved as compared to how many folks like myself want the midi and therefore pass on buying it. Maybe a I am a dinosaur :)
I am the same kind of dinosaur.

Back
Top Bottom