• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Presonus - The making of Swamp Grease at Oak Street Recording

MikeyB59

Power User
Thanks for the link. I just got back from a week of Jazz Fest in NO. Love seeing George Porter on bass on Day 2. It's not going to get better than that. I had a funny PreSonus moment the last night I was there. I was at the Maple Leaf listening to Papa Grows Funk, a great funk band from NO doing their regular Monday night gig. I was sitting at the bar briefly when I looked to my right and there was the sound guy with wireless phones and his Ipad controlling a PreSonus StudioLive boards. I asked him if he was living the dream and he beamed and nodded, "yes." He put the wireless phones on me and we got a pic. Phones sounded great and I watched him wander all over the club looking happy as a sound person can be. No wondering how it sounds wherever or if he goes to the bathroom, what'll happen if a solo level needs to go up or what if he wants a drink or any of the things that might've been an issue pre-wireless Ipad mixing.

Top Bottom