PreSonus AIR12 2-Way Active Sound-Reinforcement Loudspeakers

Stratman68

Axe-Master
So, I have been thinking about going out and doing my one man gig again. Probably mostly acoustic but may do some with electric and backing tracks, I only use the Bass, keys and drums in the backing tracks. I have a zillion.
Anyway don't have a ton of $$$ to throw at this but need some 112" powered cabs, not frfr. My DXR10's don't sound all that great as small PA speakers, plus I would rather just leave them in my home studio.
The Presonus are new items I guess. anyone familiar with these? EV's like these are $699 and up. At this time in my life I want to play a little but really cannot justify throwing a bunch of $$$$ at it
Anyone?
Thanks

Last edited:
Guess I'll just go for the EV's. They are something I know for small venue - 12's powered. ELX200 12P's.

I have a pair of the Air 12 Presonus that I’ve been considering selling. They’re great speakers, I’ve used them for monitors, as well as FOH for duet gig we’ve done in the past. I had some QSC K12’s I sold because I liked the Air 12 better, (smoother in the highs). Doing IEM in the band and haven’t done the duo for over a year . I could sell the pair somewhat less than one of the EV PXM 12MP’s would cost. PM me if you’re interested

I have a pair of the Air 12 Presonus that I’ve been considering selling. They’re great speakers, I’ve used them for monitors, as well as FOH for duet gig we’ve done in the past. I had some QSC K12’s I sold because I liked the Air 12 better, (smoother in the highs). Doing IEM in the band and haven’t done the duo for over a year . I could sell the pair somewhat less than one of the EV PXM 12MP’s would cost. PM me if you’re interested
Thanks RD - But I am going to go with the 12's powered. ELX200 12's. As stated-just for one man small gigs.

Last edited:
@RDH, would you say the Air 12s can do about the same volume as the PXM K12s?

Last edited:
@RDH, would you say the Air TO 12s can do about the same volume as the PXM K12s?
Do you mean the PXM 12mp? or qsc k12? I haven’t heard the PXM 12MP to compare. From what I’ve read I would think it would be louder and more detailed than the Air 12. Probably definitely better for frfr speaker for the fractal products. The presonus are smooth and sound good for FOH applications like single or Duo acts. Compared to K12, not K12-2, they are probably not quite as loud , but also smoother and less harsh and will handle most venues well. I sold the k12’s after buying these. There’s a threshold when determining how loud a speaker goes, higher db doesn’t necessarily mean it useable volume.

Back
Top Bottom