Presets

buzard

Hi all does anyone have a preset they can upload so I can use as a guidline for settings, I have a axe fx ii ,matrix gt1000fx into marshal 4x12 and my aound is thin lacks any bottom end resonance, a preset to compare advanced settings would be much appreciated, plan on using jcm800 type amps.

And.. If you are using any factory presets, have you disabled the cab modeling?

At gig volume I have set my low res as per cliffs guide it is at 114
something says to specifically set it to 114? where does it say this?

if 114 was the "correct" place to set this, it'd be a default. but it's not.

something says to specifically set it to 114? where does it say this?

if 114 was the "correct" place to set this, it'd be a default. but it's not.

He might just mean reading the thread in the tech section and doing the resonance test with the chugga chugga method.

I agree though, I'd start by lowering that and see how it feels. Could also try different amp models that are more bottom heavy... Splawn, bogner etc.

OP why don't you go ahead and upload your preset. Someone might be able to take a look and give you better advice that way. I have a similar rig except the cab so I'll try to remember and upload some of mine when I get out to the rehearsal space later this week

He might just mean reading the thread in the tech section and doing the resonance test with the chugga chugga method.

I agree though, I'd start by lowering that and see how it feels. Could also try different amp models that are more bottom heavy... Splawn, bogner etc.

OP why don't you go ahead and upload your preset. Someone might be able to take a look and give you better advice that way. I have a similar rig except the cab so I'll try to remember and upload some of mine when I get out to the rehearsal space later this week
Correct did it using this method,
I will upload my preset as soon as I am with my axe fx

Correct did it using this method,
I will upload my preset as soon as I am with my axe fx
Yea I tried doing it that way myself and it never really seemed right. I decided instead to just set it where the low end felt right and went with it. I think I ended up somewhere around 80hz for my 2x12.

Yea I tried doing it that way myself and it never really seemed right. I decided instead to just set it where the low end felt right and went with it. I think I ended up somewhere around 80hz for my 2x12.
Would love a copy of one of your presets to use a a reference to start with

Or the other way around, there are to much top dominating your sound?
I have also these issues in some amps particular marshals, and some rhythm sections of high gain amp (blue edition).
I fix it with GEQ in amp block and this works very fine.

Try to set the default GEQ in ampblock in the 8k band to -8.64 and the 4k band to -3.84, and also maybe turn of the bright switch or set it around 106 pf, turned on. It should tame the top, so you can force the bottom up.

You'll then maybe haft to turn the matrix up (or the level in axe fx) a little bit, to compensate, for the lack of top.

Would love a copy of one of your presets to use a a reference to start with
Sure thing, I should be able to grab one on Thursday. I do metal high-gain stuff. Actually have a preset set up with an engl, orange, Splawn and bogner tone set up between the two amp blocks. I don't get a whole lot of time to tweak tones without stepping on rehearsal time so the presets I have are still pretty basic, but you're welcome to them. You'll definitely have to compensate some for your cab though. I run a Vader 2x12 with Eminence legends. Other guitarist has Marshall cabs and they sound very different. I'll see if I can't plug into his cab while I'm there and see how drastic it is. Are you running the stock g12t-75's?

Sure thing, I should be able to grab one on Thursday. I do metal high-gain stuff. Actually have a preset set up with an engl, orange, Splawn and bogner tone set up between the two amp blocks. I don't get a whole lot of time to tweak tones without stepping on rehearsal time so the presets I have are still pretty basic, but you're welcome to them. You'll definitely have to compensate some for your cab though. I run a Vader 2x12 with Eminence legends. Other guitarist has Marshall cabs and they sound very different. I'll see if I can't plug into his cab while I'm there and see how drastic it is. Are you running the stock g12t-75's?
That would be awsome Im running v30's

That would be awsome Im running v30's
Ok cool. Best I can do is try it with his x pattern cab. V30+g12t-75's. Should be somewhere in the ballpark. Either way I'll get some presets to you though and I can take some cell phone video if you'd like a cheap approximation of what it sounds like in the room for me.

Ok cool. Best I can do is try it with his x pattern cab. V30+g12t-75's. Should be somewhere in the ballpark. Either way I'll get some presets to you though and I can take some cell phone video if you'd like a cheap approximation of what it sounds like in the room for me.
Mate that sounds fantastic, don't worry about the video the presets will be more than enough for a starting point reference, I still new to the axe fx so many options ,not like my old marshall plugin an crank it lol

Mate that sounds fantastic, don't worry about the video the presets will be more than enough for a starting point reference, I still new to the axe fx so many options ,not like my old marshall plugin an crank it lol
Haha that's definitely the truth. I was lucky enough to have the slow roll from straight head to head+rack FX then into pod and software vst before finally getting axefx...I think it's a little easier to build up to it that way.

You'll get it going though. Once you cross the first few hurdles and get that first really badass patch you'll probably just about never look back. I think about getting a tube head again sometimes... But it's more of a nostalgia thing than a switch back to tubes thing. Kind of like keeping a 60's muscle car in the garage but driving a Tesla day to day haha.

So these are almost identical, but towards the end of the night we decided to try out the Angle severe 2, I had been using 1 for ages...I immediately liked it a whole lot better. So brutal engl is the same preset but the orange amp has been replaced with the engl 2. The orange and bogner both somewhat purposefully have kind of strange tones, engl and splawn are the ones set up for riffing.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Brutal Engl.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Brutal Splawn.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 17
Get Moke's JCM800 preset - it's very good.
It was the first preset I downloaded, that I could use pretty much straight away. And I downloaded a lot :):)

Søren

Back
Top Bottom