Presets with cab packs feedback for future releases!

Which type of Axe-FX III presets do you want in future can packs?

• Presets that translate Axe-FX II presets to the Axe-FX III platform.

• Presets that take advantage of the unique amp models & drives of the Axe-FX III.

• No presets.

Results are only viewable after voting.

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I am looking for user feedback on which types of Axe-FX presets you want as interesting amp & cab plus effects presets that you want to see in my cab packs going forward in a post Cygnus official release FW .

Thanks for your help and support!

Last edited:
The Axe-FX II is now a distant and blurred memory. I vote for taking full advantage of Cygnus and the Axe-FX III features

Cygnus for sure here.

But I rarely buy presets. IRs yes, though less lately, but not presets.

I sometimes try non-commercial ones from other users, but mostly that doesn't work out for me, I have to find my own happy places. Which in turn is why I don't buy a lot...

Cygnus for sure here.

But I rarely buy presets. IRs yes, though less lately, but not presets.

I sometimes try non-commercial ones from other users, but mostly that doesn't work out for me, I have to find my own happy places. Which in turn is why I don't buy a lot...
I'm fining the presets help people find ideas of what "works" with certain cabs from an amp pairing perspective.

Sometimes people have difficulty figuring out which amp works with X cab, which may not have an amp model that jumps out at them as as the peanut butter to the amp's jelly as it were.

I'm fining the presets help people find ideas of what "works" with certain cabs from an amp pairing perspective.

Sometimes people have difficulty figuring out which amp works with X cab, which may not have an amp model that jumps out at them as as the peanut butter to the amp's jelly as it were.
TBH, I don't have a super easy time finding rigs that feel like me, on Aries, Cygnus, Helix, ID 60TVP, CyberTwin, any of this stuff. I really wish I had an internal mind map that could tell me, ok, from here, take a left, walk three paces, spin around twice, say three Hail Eddies, and you're good, but no. I have to fiddle until I find something I don't hate, make some cool variations, and season to taste.

When I pull up other people's presets, lots of the time I just go Next. When I check out the factory presets, same, but I do like seeing what the Fractal folks thought were good pairings, and with some, I actually can start there.

Which is pretty much exactly what you were saying ;)

I hear everyone gushing about Cygnus, and I want to join the party, but my pre-Cygnus presets so far aren't great on it, with amp resets or without. As one possible way in, I've been exploring Leon Todd's recent Cygnus presets, and finding I need to balance them warmer and less upper mid bright to get in my ballpark at all, most likely less gain too. That's probably because I'm using an EJ strat in normal tuning, not a PRS with humbuckers in drop C, and I'm not aiming for chug-meister.

I'll get there I'm sure...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom