Presets Wiped by AxeEdit?

APE

Inspired
Guys, somehow my presets are set back to an old version of what they were. I using AxeEdit and the sounds were a bit strange, and then, after switching patches with my FCB 1010 footswitch, I realized that the presets somehow got reset to an older version of themselves. All the cool patches are now gone.

How did this happen? How do I get my presets back?

On launching AxeEdit launches a "Release Notes" Dialog box. This time it is for Release 3.10.0. I clicked either "OK" or "Cancel" to make it go away. I know I am supposed to update, but I didn't do it because I forgot how and I did not want to google how to update, I just wanted to adjust one of my existing patches.

But now, my patches are all old-versioned. IT's like I went back 1 year in time with my old presets. And just I was ready to record.

How do I get my presets back? Thanks.

Your presets are unchanged, unless you overwrote them yourself. Update Axe-Edit. :)

The Axe-Fx doesn't store old versions of presets.

I don't know what it is. I tried changing patches by clicking on them in Axe Edit. Problem is that the sounds are not right. I restarted my pedal and AxeFX, twice each. What is wrong here?

Looks like your foot pedal is acting up, not displaying the preset number as it should. You'll need to get that sorted out. Unfortunately, I don't have an FCB1010, so I can't help you much there.

The "error message" is Axe-Edit telling you that it knows you're trying to control your Axe-Fx with you foot pedal, so Axe-Edit has stopped talking to the hardware, in order to let the foot controllers messages pass undisturbed.

Let's get down to brass tacks. Disconnect your foot controller. Disconnect Axe-Edit. Just use the Axe's front panel. Are your presets behaving now?

When you see the 'Release Notes' on launching Axe-Edit I thought that would be because you have already updated and it displays the notes on first launch? What version does it report when you click on the Axe-Edit logo on the top right of it's window?

The only way your previously stored presets could change is if you:

a) Overwrote them using Axe-Edit or Fractal Bot

b) Used the front panel Utility/Preset Backup/Restore function and restored an older preset Bank that was stored in the internal memory

Both those scenarios however would require deliberate action by yourself and can't happen spuriously.

Your pedal is possibly malfunctioning or needs reset - so yes - do as Rex suggests - strip it all back to just guitar, Axe-Fx and monitors to see what happens

Did you update the FW recently? If you were about to do a recording session based on presets developed in a particular FW version I'd expect not - but just asking.

Back
Top Bottom