Presets w/ Multiple Scenes - Global Block confusion

axedude

First, I have read many posts in the forum and the manual about Global Blocks. While I get the overall concept, I still struggle with Scenes and Global Blocks.

I realize the naming concept is in the "Wish List" forum, and this is an issue for me too. I know when that becomes a feature it should help resolve a number of issues when using Global Blocks.

My frustration is when working with presets that have several scenes, I find when using channels for an "Amp Block", I often forget I have already used that block on another scene. Or when buying preset packs they often have all 8 scenes filled. Then when I work with them I always have to go back and forth between the scenes many times to try and remember which Channel for the amp block is used in which scene.

I know these can written down, I get it. But when you're working on these quickly it's so easy to forget. Of course Global Blocks help a lot. BUT without naming it simply adds a another layer of uncertainty and frustration IMO.

EX: I bought a preset pack and most of them had all 8 scenes filled for all the presets. As soon as I started making changes to one amp of course it now effects the other scenes that share the same amp block / channel. Again, I know I should be writing these down, but I find this frustrating. Since a global block has no name, if I create a global Amp block I still have to write it down some how so I can try and recall which global block is in which preset, scene and channel. Too much inuput !!

I really wish theres was a simple visual screen in the AF3 to help quickly see what amp is where and what global blocks and channels are used. Think of it as a "Mind Map" Approach / flow chart view. I know this should be in the wish list section but I was hoping others might jump in and provide other help or ideas as how to solve this for now.

This is one of the things that has really held me back from digging deeper into the AF3. Especially in terms of preset layout and scenes etc. Any great ideas are appreciated.

Last edited:
Not saying Global Blocks affect channels in scenes. Im saying that when using Channels or going with Global Blocks, either way its always a back and forth thing trying to remember which scene uses channel A, B, C or D, OR which is using a Global Block(s) and what the Global Block is, since theres no naming.

Not sure why FAS has not incldued some way of quickly seeing what Channels of each block are in what Scene and What Global Blocks are used in what Scene. Seems like we have to do a lot of bouncing around to figure it out.

I'm a very visual kinda guy and this regular way of writing things in a list is lame. SO now not only do I have to go back and forth, but now I have to write it down in a list that might even chnage later. Seems odd after spending >$2,000 for this thing. Don;t get me wrong I love the AF3, but things like a simple way of tracking this seems odd to me.

If you use the Block Info button on Axe-Edit III, it shows you what Channels are active in each Block for each Scene.

If you could give names for the channels, would you use it (even more tedious work than writing it all down on paper). And if you'd use it, would the names be enough to describe a certain sound, so you'd know how it sounds without listening?

Did you already use the scene names? And how did you organize these names?

Not saying Global Blocks affect channels in scenes. Im saying that when using Channels or going with Global Blocks, either way its always a back and forth thing trying to remember which scene uses channel A, B, C or D, OR which is using a Global Block(s) and what the Global Block is, since theres no naming.

Not sure why FAS has not incldued some way of quickly seeing what Channels of each block are in what Scene and What Global Blocks are used in what Scene. Seems like we have to do a lot of bouncing around to figure it out.

I'm a very visual kinda guy and this regular way of writing things in a list is lame. SO now not only do I have to go back and forth, but now I have to write it down in a list that might even chnage later. Seems odd after spending >$2,000 for this thing. Don;t get me wrong I love the AF3, but things like a simple way of tracking this seems odd to me.
Click “Block Info” in Axe-Edit.

Back
Top Bottom