Wish Preset Tempo displayed on main preset screen

In large typeface, please.

With some visual indicator that pulses with the beat, that's large enough to be seen some distance away, but isn't obnoxiously blinky. (Trying to make sure the drummer can see it.)

would be useful, the whole main preset screen is too much black space IMHO, wish it was better, seems like a lot of room for improvement.

With some visual indicator that pulses with the beat, that's large enough to be seen some distance away, but isn't obnoxiously blinky. (Trying to make sure the drummer can see it.)
The Tempo LED isn’t enough?

The Tempo LED isn’t enough?
When the stage is dark, it's fine, albeit small and surrounded by other little green and yellow and red LEDs which (depending on what I'm playing) will also be dancing around.

When the lighting starts approaching daylight or indoor-office levels, it gets more challenging for folks on the opposite side of the stage. (This is a church setting with a pretty shallow-but-wide platform, and the drummer's on the opposite side. That's also why the lights typically aren't bar-level-low.)

When I used to work in Cakewalk Sonar, they had the usual "clock" for displaying where you were in the song, and a separate panel called "Big Time" which displayed the time in a much larger font.

So I guess what I'm imagining is a Sonar-esuqe "Big Tempo": A screen-mode where the tempo is in large font, next to a pulsing (not blinking) tempo indicator.

I can see where that'd be useful. But I wonder... we're talking about the drummer taking the beat from the guitar. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Maybe if your drummer had a metronome/click/whatever...

Not necessarily. My drummer depends on my iPad's blinking screen to set the tempo. So there's none for him to bring his own. I can see why some people would like something similar with the III' s screen.

Back
Top Bottom