Presets keep loading with tons of gain

Eliju

Experienced
So I'm tweaking some presets and when I load certain ones the gain will be out of control. For example, I'll load the AB Tweeds and the clean sounds will sound fully cranked. If i turn it off then back on it'll be fine, but then as i'm going around my presets it'll happen again. WTF is going on?? I gotta leave for a gig in an hour so this is no bueno. FW 5.08 btw

So I'm tweaking some presets and when I load certain ones the gain will be out of control. For example, I'll load the AB Tweeds and the clean sounds will sound fully cranked. If i turn it off then back on it'll be fine, but then as i'm going around my presets it'll happen again. WTF is going on?? I gotta leave for a gig in an hour so this is no bueno. FW 5.08 btw
Some how the Control Switches aren't engaging "Input Boost" or "Saturation" are they? (Assuming these are the latest "v5" Presets where he added Control Switch modifiers for those... )

If you go to "Controllers" and then "Modifiers" on one of those presets, and do a quick test where you remove all the modifiers (just click on the numbered entry and in the dialog that pops up set the "Source" to None, does that fix it?Axe-Edit_III.pngAxe-Edit_III_Edit_Modifier.png

The 'Control Switches' are probably all set to 'Last' (the new default??). And you are coming from a preset with them all set to 'On'??

As a test... go to the 'CS per Scene' tab in the 'Controllers' menu, and click on 'Set all Off', then re-save.

CS per-scene 1.png

The 'Control Switches' are probably all set to 'Last' (the new default??). And you are coming from a preset with them all set to 'On'??

As a test... go to the 'CS per Scene' tab in the 'Controllers' menu, and click on 'Set all Off', then re-save.

View attachment 55725
Thanks for the reply. It wasn't a huge issue at my show. I was able to correct it by bouncing between presets when it happened. I also believe that it was a preset I converted with Fractool that was causing the issue. Now that I know what to look for I'll check it out in the morning. Thanks again!!

View attachment 55725
That fixed it right up. Thanks! Now I’m a bit confused about how this works and I couldn’t find much in the manual. So if say CS1 is linked to the bright switch, it’ll turn on and off by scene as selected. That’s easy. But how does the last setting function? It looks like it can affect the next preset you load or can be affected by the previous preset.

That fixed it right up. Thanks! Now I’m a bit confused about how this works and I couldn’t find much in the manual. So if say CS1 is linked to the bright switch, it’ll turn on and off by scene as selected. That’s easy. But how does the last setting function? It looks like it can affect the next preset you load or can be affected by the previous preset.
The Last setting takes the last state of the Control Switch, whether that's from a previous scene or preset.

Back
Top Bottom